Molson OV
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A mainstream lager with a moderate hop character and a slightly sweet, fruity refreshing aroma and taste.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Pretty shitty as one would expect. alot of corn in the aroma and flavor, a bit of a rotten apple flavor too. Good for causing intoxication and a hangover, thats about it though.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 17, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2003 So now it's 'OV' instead of 'Old Vienna.' As if anyone really cares. This is just foul.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
yesyouam (1016) - Fairport, New York, USA - JUL 22, 2008
Old Vienna is a clear, light golden lager with a quickly dissipating white film of a head. The aroma is very faint and fruity, perhaps wooden. Light to medium bodied, it starts smooth but ends up shredding the mouth. The flavor is pretty faint, but I can actually taste some hops. There are notes of grass, hay, corn; maybe wheat and lemon. I really expected much worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Crockett (1005) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 24, 2004
Draft pour. Clear and light gold with a tiny sudsy soap head. Aroma is mildly hop, grassy floral and grainy Crisp and clean, not much flavour. Lots of carbonation. Light toast and malt. Dull dry finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cyrenaica (966) - Milton, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 7, 2007
My goal is to rate all the beer I’ve tried. That means rating the bad ones along with the good ones. This is one of the bad ones. Where I went to University, this beer had the raunchy nickname of "’Ol Vag___", but I was not informed of that until after trying it. This is one of the old Carling O’Keefe products (Carling O’Keefe’s Ol’ Vienna Lager) that was popular in the late 70s and early 80s complete with television commercials. It pours a weak yellow colour with little head. The aroma was very skunky (every time I have tried this). The taste is rather skunky as well, not a friend to the mouth at all. Strong carbonation, and very little discernable maltiness. The more I thought about it, the less I liked it. After a couple, I was able to safely declare it among the worst Canadian beer I had ever tasted.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jimmay (807) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 9, 2011
355 ml can from TBS. Pours golden in colour, small white head. Adjunct aroma and taste.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Hammy78 (723) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 13, 2010
Always sampled from a 341ml bottle. This was a staple growing up, I remember it in a stubby bottle particularly. Typical mac golden colour. Grain and corn taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 26, 2004
Probably the first beer I tried when I was a child... stored in my father’s cellar in the old stubby bottles... dusty and a bitter, flat, overaged mess by the time I got around to it (probably about a decade after it was purchased) but a recent venture brought it back to life. Not as bad as I remembered, but probably not as good as carling.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
arventresca (561) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2009
This has to be the best beer you can get for a $6.00 12-pack. Not offensive in anyway and quite pleasurable to drink. OV, you are a pour mans dream.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2005 My favorite of the ’Canadian Standards’, which isn’t saying much. Very drinkable, happy little beer.