Molson Spring Bock

(RETIRED)

Formerly brewed at Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Heller Bock
Montreal, Canada
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 2.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   SEASONAL: Spring   ABV: -
Celebrate the arrival of spring with Molson Signature Series Spring Bock. This traditional all malt recipe is craft brewed in small batches with Pale, Crystal, Munich & Chocolate malts. The result is a satisfying, complex flavour and deep amber colour. Its malty character is balanced out with the finest Hallertauer and Tettnanger hops, resulting in a beer with a full body and long, lingering finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Metalchopz (2238) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 16, 2011
Originally rated in 2006. I remember buying this one a couple of times at the convenient store near here. For a Molson product, it was quite good. Had a good copper colour with an off-white head. Malty aroma with a fruity taste. Light roasted malt in the finish. I enjoyed this one... too bad they do not make this one anymore.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
tiggmtl (4548) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 27, 2004
Aroma of malt and somewhat fruity. Dark copper colour with off-white head that recedes to ring. Fruity sweet malt flavour with a touch of roastiness (!) in the finish. Body is medium but carbonation is somewhat lifeless. Far better than I was expecting but not an exemplar of the style. Bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
CapFlu (4493) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 3, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2003 (Bottle) The bastards made me buy a six pack, Argh!!! I refused to buy any of their stuff but was pressured to compromise after I subjected them to Lucifer and that gave them the runs. I told them, “this beer is supposed to be enjoyed” but before I knew it all 8 of them were polished-off and the gang was acting stupid. Dave was the worst of them but that was okay, it was his house and he was one of the only married guys so the remainder of us let him off for ‘letting-loose’. I heard cannons firing in the toilette. A dog down the street was howling. And I heard the ‘psst’ of my Spring Bock release. God, I dread these moments – will I actually like the product of a macro? I have micro-snobed my way from pushing Moosehead to “Hey, try this.. its from Deutschland”. I’ve been beaten down, mainly by guys who think lagers and ales are a way to separate the beers in a two tap bar. God forbid I find myself there. But here I am now drinking Molson wondering how this copper bodied beer will fill my palate. Malty but lacking complexity… its been Molsonized!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SimonPatrice (312) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 2, 2003
Copper color, quickly dissipating head. Malty aroma, a bit fruity. Good malty body, pretty sweet and a hint of bitterness. Coming from Molson, it's a pretty decent beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Radek Kliber (6386) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - APR 6, 2003
Mixed feelings I have regarding Molson Bock. It is like they trying just can’t. It got what bock should have, it does have a decent body but the finish product is not best. It needs some bite, life

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Crit (3334) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 27, 2002
Scarce bead. Decent malt profile. Underflavored

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Oakes (12352) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 29, 2000
Haven’t seen this one in a while. I was never the most complex of beers, but it was a bock, with some malt character. A little overcarbonated, but that shouldn’t surprise.