overall
Melle, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 260   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Bottle.
Exotic beer brewed with Fairtrade organic bananas.
Was 4.8% then 4.5% abv.
Ingredients: Water, malts, wheat, bananas, yeast, hops, sugar.

<a href=http://www.mongozo.org/engels/main.php>Website

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
larsga (6676) - Oslo, NORWAY - OCT 31, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2006 Small white head over hazy yellow body. Sweet banana aroma, initially fine, then followed by a disgusting papery, milky background with faint notes of licorice. The taste also starts out well with sweet banana, then lurches into a violent taste of wet toilet paper, licorice, metal, rotten banana, and, I swear, a whiff of shit. This is just absolutely dreadful. It fails to be boring in the same way that axe murders fail to be boring. I’ve only taken two sips, so I can’t analyze the taste very well, but there is no way I am drinking any more of this. This sets a new low for me. It’s a shame it looked OK, since giving it a 1 for appearance would have made me happy. (0.33l bottle.)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - OCT 24, 2006
Now this was something I didn’t expect to find in Okinawa! Deep gold color with tons of floaties. It reminds me of one of those snow globes you shake. Sweet banana candy scent, most of you are saying “that’s two strikes”….taste is toothache sweet banana gum. It certainly is different, I’ve never had a banana beer before (not sure if I will again either!) But it does seem well-made, even though the sweetness is over the top. Not one I’d drink on a regular basis but a fun to try beer. I look forward to surprising a cute Japanese girl with the other bottle of this!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Sigmund (5696) - Tau, NORWAY - OCT 21, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2006 330 ml bottle, now available in Norway (ULTRA stores a.o.). ABV here is 4.5%. Hazy golden colour, moderate creamy head. INTENSE aroma of "banana split" toffees, pleasant at first whiff, then VERY unpleasant sidenotes of vomit and chemical waste take over. Sickly sweet artificial (allegedly NATURAL, "fair trade" even - good grief!) over-ripe / rottening banana flavouring. A truly disgusting beer! It was expensive, so I forced myself to finish the glass. Urk! Blah! etc. Been there, done that. Never, never again!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - OCT 1, 2006
Bottle. I didn’t mind this beer, quite easy to drink and I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Cannot tell if this is artificial or not, or rather that a lot of over ripe bananas have been used. Not much in the way of hops (usual belgium trend) Which makes it a bit unbalanced.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
gert83 (4) - West Sussex, ENGLAND - SEP 7, 2006 does not count
I know it’s fair trade (which I can only surmise has prompted others to be charitable) but this is, simply put, a quite unbelievably foul brew and only the fact that you cannot give a "0" earns it any points. It tastes like the output from from a chemical factory. It tastes like the kind of thing twattish tossers with red braces and pony tales market to happy slap hoodies through youtube.com. INDESCRIBABLE. I could not even force back 3 mouthfuls.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
saxo (14705) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - AUG 21, 2006
Bottle. Small fast disappearing head. Color is golden. Rich aroma that is thick with banana. Taste is malty and lots of banana. Quite artificial thoough I must say.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 14, 2006
The combination of banana (smells like artificial flavouring) and beer is not very successful in this brew. The banana taste is too obvious and does not integrate well with the beer. I have already tested banana beer befor, and this one does not belong to the better kind.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
bluevegie (3066) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUL 18, 2006
Pale golden body with large foamy white head. Aroma is full on bananas. Taste is all bananas again, too sweet to drink too much of, well carbonated. Reminds me of those lollies that looked bananas, they were my favourite lollies as a kid but throw them in a beer and it doesn’t work for me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
DonMagi (5595) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - JUL 12, 2006
I have few complains with this beer, but then again i dont really think its a beer to start with. Aroma is wheaty with infinate banana and candy floss. Taste is similar, like a wheat beer with banana essance and loads of sugar.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (3742) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JUL 5, 2006
I do not know why this beers are under rated, but I like it, it was sweet and very good in the foam.