overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Montejo is a regional brand, mainly found in the Southeast of Mexico. It is a pilsener type beer and is sold in two different packages.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
mjg74 (2825) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAY 28, 2015
Bottle from Plaid Pantry. Crystal clear medium golden in color. Nose is grainy and somewhat sour. Grains and malt seem to dominate. Maybe a slight hint of hops. Fairly clean and somewhat refreshing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
dlihcsnatas (458) - Texas, USA - JUN 20, 2015
Golden brew that smells and tastes about like most lesser quality Mexican lagers. Thing that bugs me the most is the higher price than other Mexican lagers and the lower ABV. What is that all about? Guess some corporate idiot in Mexico thought us Americans would buy into it. Well I picked up one 24 ounce can and that is the last one I will be buying.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ZacM612 (314) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2015
One of several shared by BelgianBeerGal on Isla Mujeres. Pale gold, grainy, typical Mexican lager. Not great, but not offensive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BelgianBeerGal (3386) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2015
Isla Mujeres grocery store can. Standard light golden color with a nice white head and a decent aroma with some hops. Flavor is way muted with just some sweet corn. No surprises.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
HuskerTan (771) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - JUN 15, 2015
Can. A- Watery, corn, grains. A- Golden color, clear liquid, minimal head. T- Metallic, dirty, corn, grain, water. P- Light body, average texture, average carbonation, watery finish. O- Blander than bland with maybe a hint of crispness and plenty of wateriness.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Jabah (207) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - MAY 20, 2015
This was the beer of the month/special at the poker room that I play at, so figured I’d give it a try. Researched it first and came up with a 6% pale lager. Ok, so a stronger version of Corana maybe....perhaps more flavor. When I received the brew, the bottle said 4.5%, so kind of thinking that this is the watered down American version of their piss. All and all, considering this version, Corona is better...and I would not get this again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DedicatedToFun (3935) - Santa Monica, California, USA - MAY 12, 2015
Bottle, gold pour, white head, nose is lacking, taste is lacking, some citrus, meh

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
wildbillvms (44) - , Illinois, USA - MAY 28, 2015
My Mexican Amigo gave me one of these in his garage. At first I thought , "Here we go" with a Corona cousin. But I actually liked this - Great Taste ! I wish I coulda drank a 12 pack of these with my little buddy !!! I Recommend if you can find it !!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
drywallman (344) - Lake in the Hills, Illinois, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Picked up a 12 pack of cans as something new for a Mexican food party. It had a short lived 1 finger head. The aroma is somewhat sweet. The taste is slight cereal and caramel grainy malt, followed by a floral hop finish. Not a lot of body (lager), but a good warm weather refresher.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
adamnowek (673) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAY 26, 2015
Sometimes you get what you pay for. I got a pint for next to nothing and I got next to nothing in return. Metallic taste. Overly carbonated. Burp.