Moonlight Meadery Wicked
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.87/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   EST. CALORIES: 399   ABV: 13.3%
Wicked 13.3% ABV Sweet Wicked as in awesome, the ginger and Madagascar-Bourbon vanilla each add a nuance to the honey flavor and aroma. Spice from the ginger balances well with the smoothness of the vanilla. It lures you in for more, wicked things may be in store.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jottis140 (18) - - JUL 20, 2014
Rich and sweet, ginger leads the way, with smooth vanilla notes, honey strong in the finish, seems to me orange blossom as I get some citrus notes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MeadMe (1305) - Riverview, Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Let me first give a shutout to Moonlight. My wife purchased me a mishandled bottle of this mead while on business in Boston. I contacted Micahel to give him a heads up. He says he will check into the store selling it and asked for my address. Lets just say wow, he ever make things right. Never seen such great customer service. As for the mead it pours a pale yellow. Aromas of vanilla and candied ginger. Flavor is very nice. Sweet up front with real vanilla bean flavor. Nice honey flavor packs a good deal of sweetness. The zesty earthy ginger momentarily appears in the finish. A real nice mead. I wish more people would utilize ginger in their meads. It’s a perfect match. The vanilla provides a perfect accompaniment in this mead.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ernesto987 (3708) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 3, 2013
a sample at the mead tasting at Julios, wow this one is odd. Very very sweet and the vanilla is just way to overpowering. Sorry guys,