overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 1271   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.23   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A smooth clean-tasting lager that offers a good balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Kodos (200) - USA - SEP 26, 2001
Ive gotten several batches of this stuff skunky as hell...Cant they put this stuff into dark bottles? When its not skunky, its a pretty decent lager. Recommended over the mass produced American swill.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Structure82899 (19) - USA - SEP 23, 2001
Hard to find this shit still...its ok.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 23, 2001
Well, I’m definitely not much of a lager lover, but this one I did enjoy. Now, because my waitress was slow in getting my glass, I drank straight from the bottle, so I didn’t get a great look or aroma from it. As for the taste, it got better as I drank it. It started off kind of watery, but by the end, the crisp-clean taste of the Canadian hops and malt was very apparent. The mouthfeel was decent, and overall it was an enjoyable experience, although it might also have to do with the great food I ate (beer battered onion rings and a 1/2 pound mushroom burger; MMM...Good Food). This is one I wouldn’t mind trying again; with a glass of course.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BeerNazi (169) - winnetka, California, USA - SEP 20, 2001
mounty piss.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Herb Da Kokanee Addict99 (13) - CANADA - SEP 13, 2001
Probably the best thing to come out of Newfoundland... no offence. You should be proud!!!

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 1, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2004 Clear yellow with thin white head. Stinky flowery aroma, watery palate and ending. Ends a little sweet, but mainly dry. Decent for an American standard.

AliceCooper (4) - CANADA - SEP 1, 2001 does not count
Greatest beer in the world? Yes!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - AUG 29, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2003 Moosehead is pretty bad. It just plain tasted bad. There are many more cheap beers that i would drink over this. i got the shirt though, hell ya

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ron (2347) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 29, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 21, 2011 My favorite beer. Good body. I savor every drop from 1st to last. Nice read thru the beer label on the old bottles. New bottles changed to separate back label to join the other premium beers(a loss for me.) I just tried this again after having a bunch of those crazy beers with chocolate and nut in them. I found out that I missed this beer - ALOT. I"ve gotten used to the smell. Can"t beat the crisp clean taste of Moosehead. Re-rate 1-21-2011 Even though I still think Moosehead is a very good lager, I have to lower it’s rating. I’ve grown to like many of those Stouts and Porters along with many other styles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 26, 2001
Great with a roast beef and potato dinner with corn on the cob or various veggies. Have it with dinner, but not on it’s own.