overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 129   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
A full flavoured light beer with a smooth refreshing taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
GonZoBeeR (2825) - Ste-Eulalie, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 22, 2006
Aroma:commercial corny nose.. Appearance:yellow fizzy beer.. Flavor:can,light malt,watery...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LMB75 (1) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 17, 2006 does not count
This is my summer beer of choice. I like it’s smoothness, and it goes down easy. Very little aftertase, which I appreciate. I like a beer that is clean & refreshing, and Moose Light fits the bill for me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
lowg (148) - Scarborough, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 24, 2006
Hmmm, cousin held a baby shower for my sis-in-law. I was in charge of getting the boose and since it was mostly girls there, I bought some Mike’s Hard Lemonade and had to get some light beers to go along with it as well so I decided to go with Moose. Yay! Cracked one open for myself to get a rating..... Pours clear golden, decent head that didn’t last very long and left no lacing. A sweet skunky aroma with a watery taste with little bitterness to go along with it. I guess there are worse choices for a light beer out there. This one wasn’t too bad but I wouldn’t get this for myself.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
presario (4536) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 11, 2006
Bottle out of the singles bin. Head is quickly gone on a glass of gold water. Thin aroma of hops. Light sweetness and minimal flavour. Smooth but empty.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Eructoblaster (2856) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 23, 2005
On tap at Elephant & Castle, Ottawa. Blond body with moderate carbonation and average frothy head. Very weak malty/bready aroma. Taste is absolutely boring. It is mainly watery and carries some unpleasant metallic and CO2 hints. Ends with a short hoppy finish. Avoid!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JRHBrew (366) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - OCT 21, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2006 I have a few nice things to say about this beer. It’s without a doubt one of the best beers to get a case of and enjoy an evening doing whatever you find goes well with beer. It is not exotic, original, or particularly complex. If I was in the mood to drink a beer for appreciation, I wouldn’t choose this. If I’m buying a flat, I don’t consider any alternative. Perfect session beer for the maritimes.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
GregClow (2819) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 25, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, blankboy & tupalev - courtesy of HogTownHarry. Colour is pale yellow with a strange greenish glow. Aroma is skunk-tastic! Flavour is watery, with a faint cidery note, some sweet corn, and not much else. Bleh.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Gorbalev (2895) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2005
.Man, this is going to drive my New Brunswick ratings down even further! Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & blankboy -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Horrible skunk aroma before the cap was fully twisted off. Quite possibly the closest thing I’ve encountered to actual skunk. Very pale yellow (bordering on water like). Watery taste with slight hint of light malt sweetness. Blah, I actually don’t mind Moosehead when faced with a dearth of choices (and I would take it over a Molbatts, Brick, and even Sleeman any day) but this is just bland. And spoiled

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
blankboy (5803) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2005 Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & tupalev -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Pours a clear gold with a thin white head. Aroma is...guess...c’mon, here’s a hint: it’s a green bottle...SKUNKY?...that’s right, you got it, congrats!! Totally skunky with a touch of grain and yeast. The flavour, thank goodness, was not as skunky but it was really light and bland, in fact there wasn’t much flavour at all. I detected some grain and corn. I will happily never have this again -- yay!

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
HogTownHarry (5984) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2005 Bottle (341ml - green). Shared with blankboy, GregClow and tupalev - my bottle. MY 250th RATING - joy. Poured pale gold with a thin head. Aroma? - skunk, my friends - muskrat, swamp cabbage SKUNK. Just when we thought the bottle was "ruined", the flavour was not skunky - it’s supposed to smell like that? Flavour of light corn malt, icing sugar, sour damp grass clippings - starts annoyingly sweet, finishes slightly bitter, harsh on warming. Mouthfeel - pretty much nothing; water. Best thing I can say is that it doesn’t taste as bad as it smells - gotta literally hold your breath when you quaff.