overall

RATINGS: 844   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Our Moylander Double IPA is fat and resiny, with aggressive and excessive hops swinging on an enormous malt backbone like naughty monkeys on a vine. Double malt, double hops - do the math, it's academic.

shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - DEC 6, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 20, 2005 Another great IPA from Moylans but dam smooth. Not a giantic hop character but massively drinkable.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dwyerpg (4528) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Wow!! MMM, MMM, MMM. This is pretty much a perfect double IPA. Great aroma, bite, finish, just a wonderful drinking beer. I love it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2004
My conversation with this beer: BM: (pours and looks at pint glass) Hmmm...Your color is moderately clouded in a copper-orangey russeted deep glow, speckled with light flecks of hops and/or yeasties suspended within your murk. beer: You make that sound bad, but don't forget my small but thickly dense dark ivory head that, sure, fades somewhat quickly to a solid skim, but that skim is always present and I have mega amounts of thinly placed sticking sheets of intricate lace all over your glass that eventually breaks into webbing patterns. BM: Yes thats quite striking to me. Pause - BM: (Whifff) Ahhh...Hello hops, I love thee! beer: You do?! BM: Yes I do, Oh so much...again, Hello...hops, boy you seem awfully resiny and highly floral, fresh and green with a great sweet tone and woodish leafy notes don't you. beer: Yep, and don't forget my lovely backing of soft caramel malt. BM: Oh I won't, seems like you've got everything in check. I could smell you all day. beer: Please, you're embarassing me. Pause - Laugh insinuated BM: (Slurp, gulp) Ahhh...Hello hops again, my oh my you are one fine and dandy hopped up beer. Your flavors aren't overly aggressive but layered in a nice complexity with wonderfully rendered resinous and floral tones that tend to bring out some very nice higher end sweet tones and woody fresh leafyness. The dryness is amazingly in control along with the bittering kept mild to my buds yet with enough grab to forward any attention that might otherwise be absent. How do you do that? beer: Well, the soft caramel malts are in an abundant quanity as to balance out any real strong or abrasiveness the hops may bring. BM: Ahhh...that's why you taste so good. Great balance with flavors on both scales weighing heavy, nice job my bottled friend. beer: Why thank you. BM: And your body seems favorable with a mediumness and some great effects of dryness with your hops. And that lingering resiny woody thing is mind boggling. I'm impressed. beer: C'mon now...stop it, I'm blushing already... Pause - laugh insinuated. BM: I must say I could drink you all night, good thing you're in a bomber otherwise I might have thirsted for more long into the night. beer: Yes, bombers can be a nice treat. I too I'm glad. For the both of us. BM: Alas, I have poured all your hoppy yummyness into my glass, I will finish off my glass and smile with glee as the hops will surely be dancing in my head for the rest of my forseen future til next we meet. beer: (Left speechless) End scene with a smile and a beer...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
unclemattie (4158) - Georgia, USA - AUG 11, 2006
I wish I had another bottle of this DIPA. Slightly hazy. Light amber. Thick, creamy white head. good lacing. awesome citrus nose. with equally heavy bitter taste. EXACTLY HOW I IMAGINED IT TO BE!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - DEC 20, 2008
Style and Glass: DIPA, Tulip ABV, Volume & Calories: 8.5% in 22 fl oz. estimated at 400 C Purchased at: Canal’s Burlington, NJ for $8.00 (Thanks, Mike!) Aroma: beautiful, so nice, inviting, hops, cascade, summer nights. Visuals: overwrought advertising and packaging, lots of awards, too much, fiery sunset, dark amber, brilliant, thin white head, staying lace. Taste: well balanced, woody, crisp, hoppy, bitter, good strength. Palate: royal, silky, rocky, longer bitter finish. Overall: A brilliant example of a DIPA. A definite repeat. A favorite. Mike at Canal’s never steers you wrong.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
davidm (1928) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - MAR 6, 2013
Bottle from Slowbeer. Fruity and super-intense. Aromas of citrus, peach, resin, bread, caramel. Taste is sweet, with bitter and sour notes, very long length. Palate is creamy, and full bodied. Amber, with a frothy head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Hypnohops (6) - ITALY - MAY 6, 2013 does not count
Great ipa, aroma citrus peach pine caramel is really elaborate, taste respect the aroma with a bitter final i love it one of my favorite beers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Benfi (532) - DENMARK - AUG 9, 2013
Pours an amber/ruby color with a medium tan head. Aroma is very fruity with some earthy notes. Flavor is bitter and earthy with some fruitiness and spicy hop notes. Mouthfeel is medium and the finish is bitter/earthy and dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
haddon90 (1450) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2003 22 oz. bottle bought at Andronico's in Danville, CA. Poured a nice copper color with a good head. The hops jumps out in the aroma. Some malt in the taste. Very very good!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ZepolK (102) - South Side Montebello, California, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Wonderful hop floral aroma that you can smell from accross the room. Pours copper amber red with a huge, and I mean huge head that lasts for days. Full complex bitter hop and appricot flavor that is very pleasing. A suppurb Imperial IPA.