overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1727   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Pasteurised in cans and kegs, with nitrogen. As of late 2012, the 4.3% bottled version had been discontinued.
Has also been brewed in the UK under contract at InBev Magor and latterly at Heineken’s John Smith’s site in Tadcaster plant and at Monteiths in New Zealand.
Ingredients: Pale and chocolate malts; roasted barley; Target hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - JAN 1, 2003
had at BWW good hot wings, not great beer, still somewhat creamy,dark, thick, looking at the glass keeps me thinking I want an Imperial Stout.I guess these dry stouts are not for me ,better than a Guinness but that is not saying much

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Raaha (67) - Michigan, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Not the best stout I have ever had, but not bad, I will finish the four pack that I bought, though I will probably not buy it again. On to bigger and better beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
skortila (4505) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - DEC 29, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 14, 2004 burned malty nose; black coloured with creamy head. Taste is burned malty, watery, weak. Malrty, dry finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 28, 2002
Nitro bottle, pours thin black color, creamy foamy tan nitro head, light roasty aroma. Roasted malt flavor, has a dry semi bitter finish, thin and watery mouthfeel, like Guinnes overrated and pretty weak.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ARMed (601) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Re-Rate: I have been drinking this the entire holiday season, and I have really become even more in love with this stout. Original: An excellent stout that tastes great. Slightly more sweet than I usually appreciate, and that to me is the only negative. A fine tasting stout. It is extremely smooth with a great aftertaste and very little bitterness. Compare with Guinness and you may find you actually enjoy the slighter lighter Murphys.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2002
UPDATED: APR 5, 2004 For the style, if it's not Guinness, it's just not quite right. This is pretty tasty though, just not good enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 21, 2002
When I poured this beer into my favorite beer mug I was delighted to see the thick creamy head, and the dark chocalatly color. Thats where it all stopped being delightful as I found my first sip to be extremly horrid. I guess this stout isn’t up my ally.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ogivlado (5703) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 21, 2002
Bottled(500ml). -Good beer, but red is better!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2009 I thought this tasted a good bit like canned Guinness. Another fine stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CherokeeJarod (54) - , USA - DEC 20, 2002
This beer pours into the glass a brown/black color. The head is a beige/tan color, semi thick and lasting. The aroma is of coffee, malt, and hints of chocolate. The taste is of coffee, chocolate, and a sweet malt. Kind of reminded me of that other Irish Stout, Guinness. Not a bad drink.