overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1741   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Pasteurised in cans and kegs, with nitrogen. As of late 2012, the 4.3% bottled version had been discontinued.
Has also been brewed in the UK under contract at InBev Magor and latterly at Heinekenís John Smithís site in Tadcaster plant and at Monteiths in New Zealand.
Ingredients: Pale and chocolate malts; roasted barley; Target hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dhurtubise (568) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2002
About the same thinness thinness as guiness but without the roasty bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cian99 (18) - FINLAND - OCT 3, 2002
This is quite nice. Not as good as Guinness but you know if you are in the south of Ireland (munster) you have to drink this as opposed to Guinness, its the law in Cork! Little sweeter than iíd like but nice! Little more "stable" than Guinness if ya know what I mean?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Discofish (152) - USA - SEP 28, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jameshubley99 (3) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 26, 2002 does not count
Very good stout. Personally, I prefer it to Guinness. Has a strong taste, nice rich head. Great, now Iím thirsty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mwesth (279) - Skovlunde, DENMARK - SEP 25, 2002
Lighter than Guinness in both aroma and flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - SEP 22, 2002
The most black black as Iíve ever seen...beautiful appearance. This beer was completely flat. Iíve always said that I like my stouts with very little carbonation, but now I can say that I like at least a little in there. Very creamy feel, but too thin, kinda oily. Average roasted, smokey, nutty aroma/flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 22, 2002
NITRO-WIDGET CAN

Re-rate 09/22/02: Since I can not find this on tap anymore, and the bottles also are getting hard to find: A beautiful dark as midnight color, the head creamy, long lasting, beige, the lace in smooth clinging sheets to the glass. Nose is roasted and toasted grains, coffeeish, front is malt lightly sweet, the top is light, the finish that wonderful dry stout twang, nicely hopped, and decent in its on right, not as good as the draught, seems to be better than the bottle. A respectable #432 on my current 1000 beer master list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 19, 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2002
This guy, yea I remember this guy. I was kina in the middle of a drinking binge when I stumbled across this beauty in my pals refrigerator. Apparently we drank all the Honey Lager and all of the Blue Ribbon and where thirsting for more. We stumbled upon a four pack that we had purchased at Roger Wilco the previous day. He didnt have any Glass so we drank em out of the can. Would of rather had the ice cold glass pour but beggars cant be choosey. I like my stouts just like I like my woman, dark... fairly nice head, bruises on there bodies, and burnt acne flesh. Hahahahahahahahahahaha, Wastedyouth strikes again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 10, 2002
As stouts go, this is middle of the road. Looks nice in the glass, with black body and a nice tan widget head. A little light and a slightly watery mouthfeel. Not nearly as bitter as Guinness.