overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1751   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Pasteurised in cans and kegs, with nitrogen. As of late 2012, the 4.3% bottled version had been discontinued.
Has also been brewed in the UK under contract at InBev Magor and latterly at Heinekenís John Smithís site in Tadcaster plant and at Monteiths in New Zealand.
Ingredients: Pale and chocolate malts; roasted barley; Target hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 10, 2002
Iím developing more of a taste for dark brews. This is one of the better oneís. It has little carbonation and is kind of watery. Drinking right now and I would buy this again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NYDennis (64) - Port Jefferson Station, New York, USA - DEC 29, 2001
Not a fan of stout beers and probably wouldnít get it again, but it was not the worst beer I have had and I am sure if I was into stout beers I would have enjoyed this. Lighter tasting then Guinnes beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dragonblaze99 (354) - Greater London, ENGLAND - DEC 29, 2001
Decidecly superior to the overrated Guinness Extra Stout. Very nice balance, slight sweetnes and an alcohol tint. Very smooth, but lighter than most stouts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pastout (27) - Windber, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2001
Have only ever had it on tap. Nice, smooth stout. Sweet and easy drinking.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2001
A solid drinkable stout (can).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
ravidesai (947) - Bombay, INDIA - DEC 11, 2001
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2003 tried this in a nitro can. very dark colour and a ample foamy head.Smooth with a very nice biscuit roasted malt taste. palate was lacking - probably due to the widget but othrewise superior to guiness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 6, 2001
Well, I have to admit, I was rather dissappointed by this beer. However, I donít blame it soley on the beer itself. I feel that it has a lot to do with the draught system. Iím starting to really not like it. Oh well.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
TheDarkertheBetter99 (27) - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2001
This is the only bottled Murphyís Iíve had. I actually liked the bottled version better than fresh from the tap. This is so much a clone of Guinness I challenge anyone to a blindfold test. Of course, I am referring to the Draught-in-a-can Guinness. Wonít ever pass on this one, but Iíve had better.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
russ71cj5 (40) - Rhode Island, USA - DEC 5, 2001
My favorite stout. I enjoy it over guiness any day. I know iím sorry, but i enjoy the slightly lighter feel.. I have enough cans to make a table out of... :-)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jakeb4299 (25) - sometown, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 2, 2001
Compares to Guinness in many ways. I had this on tap and loved it. Quite dark with lots of flavor.