overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1672   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Pasteurised in cans and kegs, with nitrogen. As of late 2012, the 4.3% bottled version had been discontinued.
Has also been brewed in the UK under contract at InBev Magor and latterly at Heineken’s John Smith’s site in Tadcaster plant and at Monteiths in New Zealand.
Ingredients: Pale and chocolate malts; roasted barley; Target hops.

BeerManiac6699 (11) - USA - JUN 7, 2002
My absolutely favourite stout out there. Even though I drink other stuff besdes stout, when asked about my favourite beer it’s gotta be MURPHY’S STOUT. I used to think Guiness was the shit until I tried this several years ago. Those two are indeed close in many ways, but Murphy’s has the better flavor.

exiledmsh (15) - , Alabama, USA - JAN 10, 2009
To me, this and Guinness are nearly dead even. But this one’s creamier and a little more coffee/chocolate like.

nmwhitehead (1) - Newton, USA - JUL 22, 2012 does not count
Murphy’s is a great Irish Stout, which is smoother and slightly sweeter than Guinness, which is it’s main competitor as the Irish Stout.

1979jdowens (5) - Gladstone, Missouri, USA - OCT 25, 2012 does not count
This beer is better than Guinness! Not bitter at all and really goes down easy. Also good for black and tans, velvets & Irish car bombs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bishop99 (11) - USA - SEP 14, 2001
This is most likely my favorite beer. Nice and thick, dense flavour. Coffee/choclaty taste with a great head, and a wonderful balance of bitterness.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
russ71cj5 (40) - Rhode Island, USA - DEC 5, 2001
My favorite stout. I enjoy it over guiness any day. I know i’m sorry, but i enjoy the slightly lighter feel.. I have enough cans to make a table out of... :-)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
davidoc (113) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 2, 2002
Better than Guinness? Not quite, but it’s close. The head isn’t quite as pronounced, so it loses ’style’ points.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BeerDude78 (91) - Brick NJ, New Jersey, USA - APR 2, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2004 I personally like this beer better than Guinness because it has a milder less bitter taste to it. It also retains the same trademark creamy head as Guinness

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
wwawkd (3) - Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA - AUG 10, 2004 does not count
Great, Great stout. A great change-up from guiness. kind of a coffe flavor but very very smooth. I’ve only been able to enjoy it from the can and last I found out they are now only producing it in cans.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
CiroFerrara (85) - USA - DEC 12, 2005
Just another great beer from Ireland together with its mate, Irish Red. The taste is impressive.