Brewed by Muskoka Brewery
Style: Cream Ale
Bracebridge, Canada

RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
An all natural, pure premium ale.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
blankboy (7278) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 28, 2008
Bottle. Pours a slightly hazy orange-amber with a small lasting white head. Super mild aroma, and I mean super mild -- címon! Some sweetness, grain and maybe hops, itís really hard to tell as itís hard to smell much of anything -- Iíl have to come back to it. A little later I get some caramel to add to the above. Flavour has some mild toastiness, caramel malt, grain and a light bitter finish. Average bodied. Not awful considering the style (a style I do NOT care for) but I still didnít much like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
sinkhole (263) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 24, 2008
Pours golden amber with a thin white head. Malted aroma. Slight bitter taste with corn sweetness and a hint of nut. Crisp finish with some bitter aftertaste. Overall a better than average beer, although not really creamy, is still worth a try.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
HogTownHarry (6376) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - JAN 6, 2008
Bottle (341ml). Courtesy of GregClow. Yay, cream ale - frippiní marvy. Clear deep amber pour, smallish fizzy white diminishing head (3-) - look, gotta give it props for SOMETHING. Smells like popcorn and something vaguely sweet. Tastes like a generic Canadian beer with a touch of buckwheat honey. Lightly chewy body, nice carbonation, a little sweet and roasty up front and a wee bit bitter in the tail. Pretty boring, but BTB (better than Blue).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
garthicus (2912) - Dublin, IRELAND - DEC 21, 2007
UPDATED: APR 21, 2012 Bottle - Part of a six pack íCraft brewers of Ontarioí Typical amber colour, zero head, slight hop & sugar aroma. A bitter sweet aroma, lots of carbonation on the palate, very bitter finish I can not taste any cream. Average stuff. Rerate: totally didnít deserve the rating I gave it in 2007. Pretty decent nose, nice hoppy Flavour balanced with a creamy finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
Bobsy (194) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2007
Bottle from the LCBO. After reading a number of positive views I was open to trying a beer that I have passed by ever since I moved to Canada. Thatís the good thing about ratebeer - it encourages you to be more adventurous with your tastes. Sometimes youíll get burned, but sometimes youíll find a winner. Unfortunately, this beer did not live up to my hopes. Both the pour and the aroma reminded me of a lager - its a golden colour with a very minimal white head, while the aroma is a subdued mix of sweet malts and grass. The taste, too be frank, is extremely disappointing. All I can taste is malt and grain, with the creaminess only coming through in the aftertaste. A nice texture on the palate, but a beer needs a lot more than that. My wife tasted it and agreed, saying well at least its better than a blue or canadian. Unfortunately, thatís all I can say about a beer I really wanted to like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yarry (528) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2007
341ml bottle from Ontario Craft Brewers pack. 5% a/v Pours a slightly deeper then gold colour with a thin white head. Aroma is unusual, grass, malts and some very mild fruit. Tastes very nice chocolaty malt with a very delicious sweet cream aftertaste. This beer surprised me quite a bit, and is MUCH better then I expected.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JaPe (69) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 6, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2008 Nice hint of cream. slightly swwet -rolls down the throat.The cream flavor really gives it something. I simple and drinkable not incredibly fancy - I like it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JesseM (1158) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 3, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 12, 2010 341ml bottle from my Ontario Craft Brewing mix-pack. Pours a deep golden colour with a small white head, that quickly subsides to a spotty surface-film. The aroma is sort of grassy with a fair amount of malts, sort of mixed and not overly distinctive. The flavour is pretty much all malt, with a very creamy texture, and a hint of something sweet, tastes like, strawberries? Wow, thatís odd, but interesting. The mouth-feel is smooth and creamy, with just a slightly rough edge to it from the carbonation. This is actually my first real cream ale, I havenít read amazing things about them, but I was still interested in the style. I think itís still kind of a cool beer. Smooth and tasty easy drinking. Edit: Canned version of the past year or two is head and shoulders above the old version. Way more hops with a richer malt backbone. This is my go-to Ontario session brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
probstblueribbon (3728) - Nepean, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 2, 2007
341 ml bottle in the ďOnt. Craftbrewers 6-packĒ from LCBO, served cold in a tulip glass.

App.: Just slightly hazy (??) deep golden with remnants of a white head. Aroma: Sweet malts (caramel, toffee), fruitiness (apples, peaches, apricots and cherries)light nuttiness, bread and biscuit; a little grassy hops. Palate: Medium body and soft carbonation; smooth and silky. Flav.: Vague grains, light fruitiness, a bit of grassy/peppery hops, ever-so slightly off-dry; finish is flinty with barely a hint of bitterness.

Just noticed the organic designation. They seemed to have sourced better ingredients from hippie hop and grain farmers than the fine folks at Mill Street. Still underwhelming.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 22, 2007
Bottle from an OCB mix-6 pack! Pours a nice dark gold, a bit of head, but not too substantial in that dept...grassy hop aromas come through strong, and pay off in the taste. With all that colour and hoppiness, this beer is still a bit watery. Iím not a big cream ale fan, but there is a nice Ontario craft taste to this that reminds me of the days Creemore used good malts.