Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter

overall
Formerly brewed at Närke Kulturbryggeri
Style: Imperial Stout
Örebro, Sweden

RATINGS: 535   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.48   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Imperial Stout brewed with heather honey and aged on oak-barrels for 2½ months. Serve at minimum 14 dgs. Share the bottle. It was first brewed in October 2005 and ages well for several years. Beer is Art!

2005 version is 9%.
2006 version is 10%.
2007 version is 9%, released 2008-09-11.
2008 version is 9.5%, released 2009-09-17.
2009 version is 9.5%, released 2010-09-23
2010 and 2011 versions cancelled due to family issues.

Bananamaniac (35) - Kristinehamn, SWEDEN - JAN 23, 2008
Bottle at Bishop’s Arms, Karlstad, Sweden. This is art! Not bloody beer. Fantastic honey/toffee/chocolate flavor with unimaginary nice taste. This is not bollocks! You CAN’T have a better beer than this IMO. I won’t ever forget the wonderful taste, one can only hope to get the chance to taste it again.

MaxxDaddy (407) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - APR 9, 2008
Here I am, rating #200!!! Words can’t express how thankful I am to Maria and Andreas for sharing the previous lovely beers and this beer. Jess and I had a spectacular time on our Scandinavian adventure meeting all the great RBers there. Please let us know if you’re ever in NY and we’ll show you around with some awesome beer. Now that I’ve gotten rid of the sappy stuff, let me continue with a song. You guys know the words, so sing along: <P> Oh! Kaggen, please believe me
I’ll never do you no harm
Believe me when I tell you
I’ll never do you no harm <P> Oh! Kaggen, if you leave me
I’ll never make it alone
Believe me when I beg you
Don’t ever leave me alone <P> Alright, now to the ratings. First the 2006 version. <P> Pours black with tan head. Aroma is of roasted malts, honey, raisins and some rummy oak. Way more dark fruits and alcohol than the 2005 version. Taste is chocolate and raisins again, mixed ever so well. Rather oily and slick mouthfeel. Finish is somewhat boozy with more chocolate covered raisins. Delightful stuff. 8/5/9/4/18 <P> The rating I’m giving for this beer is for the 2005 bottle, because it was that freakin’ good. Pours deep black with magically appearing tan head. The aroma is heavenly; sweet chocolate, honey and the perfect amount of bourbon. If someone could turn that into a candy, they’d strike it rich. At first taste my thought was "Liquid perfection." The maltiness is off the charts but in the best way possible. Chocolate, caramel with light bourbon and vanilla touches make for a delightful experience. Palate is oily, slick, and full. Finish is predominantly chocolate and lingers almost forever. If Rick James were still alive he’d say "Kaggen’s a hell of a beer!"

mto (95) - helsinki, FINLAND - MAY 9, 2008
(Bottle@Snaditipu) black as pitch, smells like likorice and tastes also the same. this has so many flavours.. probably the best beer in the world

kringlan (20) - Falun, SWEDEN - MAY 10, 2008
An out of this world experience in my books! This beer was just perfect (and more). Drinking it was such a multifaceted experience, and to add to it all I was also in the most <a href="http://ratebeer.com/View-User-9002.htm& perfect company , finishing the most perfect dinner of mussels at Akkurat in Stockholm.

Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - JUN 11, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 3, 2009 Thank you BrianK! Pours a rick dark lurking black body. Aroma is oak, bourbon and rich maple syrup the whole nose through. The flavors are explosive and everything ive ever wanted in a stout. Bourbon, chocolate, oak, and booziness. Bakers chocolate, vanilla, charleston chew, and more oaky bourbon chocolate goodness. This is the best stout ive ever had. Im never quick to rate a beer so highly my first time having it, but mother of god this is flawless.

Mette (224) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - SEP 14, 2008
På fad til ølfestival på Carlsberg. Nu må det saftsusemig være på tide at jeg rater denne lækre øl. Har drukket den 2 gange før, senest på min fødselsdag for lidt over en måned siden. Bryggeren har siddet i toget på vej til festivalen, med dette fad ,og kælet for det. Det er vel øllets svar på kobe-kød. Det her er min absolutte favorit. Sort som kul, tæt nøddebrunt skum. Vi taler chokolade, kaffe, mørke tørrede frugter, dumle karameller. Den er rund og blød og dejlig. Top karakter fra mig, hele vejen.

corby112 (2214) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 20, 2008
2005 vintage in bottle sampled at Akkurat in Stockholm, Sweden. Pours pitch black with thin dark brown foam head. Aroma consists of roasted chocolate maltiness, coffee, toffee, caramel and loads of tart oakiness and bourbon. This beer is extremely smooth and quaffable. Roasty flavor up front with smooth creamy center and sweet bitter dry finish. Flavor dominated by excellent oak and bourbon flavors that are balanced with chocolate, coffee, toffee, caramel and a dry hop finish. Excellent! Lives up to the hype and the $65 price tag.

nate2g (1548) - Boomtown! / Waikato, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 1, 2009
Bottled (2006). One of my most wanted beers and totally unexpectedly I stumbled across a bottle of this during my Euro trip. Big props n !respekt! to my friend Manuele. Where to begin...pours a beautiful pitch black with a creamy brown head that lingers. Intensely amazing aroma of rich chocolate, vanilla, oak, raisins, plums, honey wow there is so much going on here and extremely complex. It took me a while and then some to get around to actually tasting this. The first sip is dominated by chocolate, vanilla and oak. More chocolate and dark fruit and even some whiskey and smoked flavours are introduced. I wish I had a greater vocabulary to describe this. Has it been mentioned before that is an extraordinarily complex beer. Now I’m just rambling on. I’ve never had a beer this smooth, it’s ridiculous. An oily silky smooth mouthfeel. Warm finish and brilliantly balanced. Perfection.

daknole (9128) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - APR 26, 2009
Dude cgarvieuk hooked us up wtih this one. I mean holy shit what a beer to open and share at DL day. Black, small tannish head. Aroma is so wonderful. Roast, vanilla, toffee(lots), espresso beans, prunes, plums, damn this beer has it all. Flavor is just unreal. Seriously unreal. So full of vanilla, toffee, chocolate, coffee, fruit and damn this was amazing. Did I mention it was good? Thanks Craig. YOU RULE.

kromamc (192) - ITALY - DEC 5, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2010 probabilmente la migliore birra che abbia mai bevuto.... purtroppo ho potuto assagiare solo una bottiglia del 2007 al ma che siete venuti a fa... è la migliore imperial stout che sia mai stata brassata... è perfetta sotto tutti gli aspetti, dal colore al naso al palato... la complessità e l’estrema eleganza delle note vanigliate cioccolatose, del legno della botte, il corpo perfetto rendono questa birra irripetibile... spero di poter riberla prima o poi e piu di una bottiglia..