overall

RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07/5   EST. CALORIES: 136   ABV: 4.52%
Today, Natty Boh is brewed according to the strict traditions that made it the beer of choice. Using only the finest ingredients – sparkling pure water, fine grains, choice hops and our special strain of selected yeast – every batch of Natty Boh is patiently aged resulting in a medium-bodied beer with a smooth color, a distinct hop aroma and a superior taste.

pokey1228's rating

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
pokey1228 (10) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
Every year we have a Natty Boh hunt on Easter Sunday where we hide a few hundred cans of beer. That's about the only good thing about this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
stevoj (3727) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 1, 2016
Brought this back from East Coast, haven’t rated, although it was one of my go to beers in my youth. Initial corny, vegetable smell gives way to a normal, although bland, taste. And then nothing, not even a finish. Decent mouth feel rescues this from a less than honorable rating. Here’s to days gone by!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
johnnnniee (3606) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 24, 2016
Someone broke out a bottle of this fine elixir, after I didn’t care what I was drinking. Pale yellow light malt light hop light cereal, actually not all that horrible just needs more flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jsquire (4097) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2016
Apparently this was the beer of choice at Baltimore Oriels baseball games before AB took over the beer concession. My sister made me get this when in Baltimore, and it would be a fine baseball park/lawn mower beer. But to sit down an analyse this is not really in order. Typical macro lager. Pale yellow color with a fizzy white head. Nose of corn and metal. Watery sweet corm and white sugar taste. Best served ice cold with something to eat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
foyle (382) - Wyoming, USA - JUN 9, 2016
Poured from 12 oz can at Boxcar Bar + Arcade in Raleigh First time I have ever tried Natty Boh. Flavor, appearance, and aroma are all standard for an American Style Lager. Highly enjoyable for what it is. Glad to finally add it to my list of beers tasted.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beastiefan2k (3336) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - MAY 15, 2016
So, I’m in Hartford County Maryland house hunting for an upcoming move. Apparently this is the start of crab season around here. Last night I split a dozen "smalls" as they call them with a buddy in our hotel room. Also, paired the crabs with a bunch of craft beer we picked up at Stateline Liqours. Actually, we picked the crabs at the shack next to Stateline, they were amazeballs. The beer, well everything that was new for me was shitty. Fast forward Bavaria to this beer. The crabs were so delicious and I figure I should get more seafood. A local recommended a restaurant named Price’s on the water. Looks like a converted house. Got some Maryland Crab soup and fish tacos. Service was super slow. A teen with her first job was waiting. I figured I should get s beer to pass the time. The old people / locals are drinking Natty Boh. I figured, when in Rome. Additionally, about 15 available beers and they are all macro. So I get the can with the old school image. Bottom of can is dated July 15 16, which is best by. Can’t figure out code for the bottling date. Pour is macro pale, oh, only plastic cups here, I guess that makes it me authentic. Aroma is a little corny and macroy. But light and not offputting. Flavor is shockingly tasty. Light corn but a cleaner flavor white bread mslts, a touch of hops and a light crispness. Perfect with the soup and fish tacos. OMG, have I been hating on macros too much because this is Verte than some of the shit experiments from the craft brewers I had last night.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Luvystypotables (1524) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - MAY 14, 2016
Better than expected light aroma of grain, light pale color, light refreshing taste of grain and nuts with a light body and a light grain finish. A very drinkable beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Maverick34 (2897) - New York, USA - APR 24, 2016
As expected. The idea of even trying to explain this beer is mildly insulting. It just is.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ctplt777 (474) - - JAN 6, 2016
Natty Boh is the juice of the gods so step the shit off with all the snobbery and bullshit. The best cheap beer on the market. It’s clear as water, smells like cardboard and refreshing as fuck. You can get a 12 pack for 7.99 meaning you can crush beer on a budget. It’s for when you’re tired of swirling some double ipa or whatever in a glass and you need to chill out and just wind the fuck down. Or you could drink 12 and rage. Either or, it’s probably the best cheap beer and my beer fridge always has some natty boh in it. Always. Cheers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 2, 2016
Cheap beer for when you're broke as hell. It was like a freshly mown lawn. Watery too. Probably won't have it again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ordybill (1234) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - DEC 12, 2015
Poured from the can into a pint glass at the Brick House in Willow Grove, PA. The appearance is a clear gold color with a small white head. The aroma is basic AAL, grains and some yeast. The taste is slightly fruity with malt and corn to fill the void. A really average beer.