overall

RATINGS: 138   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Lager brewed with Natural Lightís all-natural ingredients.

Brewed with: Water, Barley Malt, Cereal Grains, Hops, Yeast.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ccex (931) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Iíve tried several great beers this week and thought it was time for something different. This met my expectations. Perhaps all I need to say is Anheuser Busch 8%ABV 24 oz. can for $1.39. Pours a pale gold color with quickly vanishing white head. Smells of Corn, lemon furniture polish, hay and booze. Taste is more sour than bitter, but still has a little corn syrup sweetness. Thin body (watery) with lively carbonation. When I saw this, I wondered if it would be my first drain pour, but it was not, and Iíve had a couple of much worse malt liquors both from the U.S. and Eastern Europe. As I said, it serves its purpose quite cheaply.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
wxman (1449) - OíFallon, Illinois, USA - SEP 20, 2012
Pours a clear bright golden with an OK white head that diminishes quickly. A slightly sour aroma of pale malt and corn. Taste is boiled sweet corn, pale malt and a somewhat off breadiness. Thankfully, the alcohol doesnít muscle in as much as most high test MLs, so not too offensive. Iíve had many worse, Steel Reserve comes to mind.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ThisWangsChung (747) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - AUG 25, 2012
Letís see...normally, I wouldnít bother with a malt liquor, but a combination of morbid curiosity, low price (99 cents), and a desire to get drunk on the cheap led me to getting a can of this. 24 oz. can poured into a weizen glass. A: Pours a typical light straw color with perfect clarity. The white color head is a six finger monstrosity with very small bubbles, which fades to nothing in no time. Even still, good looking for a malt liquor. S: Somewhat unpleasant graininess and cooked vegetables. About what I expected it to be - terrible. T: This, however, isnít completely awful. Thereís a typical corn and grain note, but somewhere after the midtaste comes a candied sweetness that isnít as unpalatable as I expected. The aftertaste is a little offputting and overly chemical (likely due to the booze coming through the flavor), but otherwise, I could drink the entire can of this. In fact, itís slightly better than expected! M: Distractingly syrupy; otherwise, itís light bodied with a wet finish and high carbonation. Touches of alcohol can be felt on the palate, but itís far from overbearing. O: I am really not hating this like I expected to. Itís certainly not very good, but it only serves one purpose (getting drunk on the cheap), and in that regard, it fulfills exactly what it sets out to do. Worth a try if you can get it inexpensively like I did, just donít expect much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
streve (105) - Maryland, USA - AUG 7, 2012
24oz can. Pours a clear bright golden color with a big white head of small bubbles and lots of carbonation. Aroma of sweet malt and corn. Mouth is small hop bitterness up front with flavors of corn throughout. It has substance and is medium bodied. It was $1 a can so going in you canít expect much. I wasnít blown away but wasnít totally disgusted either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
b3shine (5574) - Indiana, USA - JUL 28, 2012
22 oz can to pint. Looks fine; gold with lots of white head and carbonation. Smells doughy and slinky, but better than I expected. Tastes bad, but Iíve had worse. Mouthfeel is below average. Not good, but better than I expected.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
dwaggs2 (1297) - Jefferson City, Missouri, USA - JUL 26, 2012
Wow. Hit an all time low with this one. I do say I try ANY beer I havenít tried. Just gross. Corn and rubbing alcohol in the aroma and taste. Higher ABV adds to the grossness. Doesnít balance out. Thatís becasue there is nothing in there but water. Gross beer. I did finish it though because I never dump out any beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sledutah (4924) - Utah, USA - JUL 17, 2012
Hell yea, how can you go wrong with a 24oz can @ 8% for $1.40. Picked up at Discount Liquors
Appearance is clear straw golden with a small white head, spotty lacing. Aroma is sweet malts, honey and corn. Taste of corn, sweet malts and grainy. Not as bad as I expected, too sweet.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tbonejones (1) - - JUL 13, 2012 does not count
for a 8% beer that is under $1.50 for a 24 oz can, i give it a 9 for taste and value. WHOS YOUR DADDY? NADDY DADDY!

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Beerman6686 (4423) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 1, 2012
Wow, what to say about this one. Poured straw yellow with a white cover. Aroma was of corn, metal, alcoholc and light grain,. Flavor was fusel alcohol everywhere, lots of metal notes, and some vomit too. Just horrendous as expected. Undrinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
cheap (4110) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 28, 2012
Talk about cheap!? Looks like pale lager. Clear, pale, minimal head, Quite strong from the start bitter like any other cheap high gravity american macro ice beer or malt liquor. Smell is sterile, volatile and somewhat corny sweet. A little lively, decent co2. This isnít about how well the beer conformed to its style definition -- itís about a measurement of my own appreciation. It certainly is on cheap style.