overall

RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Lager brewed with Natural Lightís all-natural ingredients.

Brewed with: Water, Barley Malt, Cereal Grains, Hops, Yeast.

TomTron's rating

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TomTron (370) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - MAY 29, 2013
ITíS BUDGET BEER TIME!!! Time to punish myself with some sewage filtration swill in the likes of Natty Daddy. Smells like moldy corn on the verge of replicating the smell of my outside garbage when I forget to take it to the street for a week. Tastes like liquefied, stale Corn Pops with a hint of swamp ass(at least what I imagine that tastes like). In the grand scheme of it all, itís not COMPLETELY terrible, but I still feel like I have punished myself in having drank this. :-x

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
amishcrusade (3) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2014 does not count
This isnít for drinking, this is for getting you drunk. Theyíre only like $1.80 at any gas station. It tastes like rubbing alcohol (at least how I imagine rubbing alcohol tastes) and doesnít sit too well in the stomach.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Frizzell87 (3) - - AUG 10, 2014 does not count
Natty Daddy., I am drinking one right now. Where do I start. First off I do enjoy my craft beers. Yet, I was raised on malt liqueur. This rating is for malt liqueurs. Not craft beer. Natty Daddy is one of the better Malts. If you have have high gravity, King Cobra or Steel Reserve; then a Natty Daddy will taste like a bud light with an 8 percent kick. It is no where near as potent tasting as most Malt Liqueurs, I was surprised it had 8 percent, because you would never know it did. Now by saying this, I am not saying this is a beer you drink after 18 holes of golf. This is a beer that you drink when you are looking for 1 thing and that is a buzz. 2 Daddies will get you a great sleeping buzz. 3 will get you toasted. 4 will knock you the hell out. I enjoy a malt liqueur about once a week, and this Malt has earned a place in my "Take care of business" file.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
obguthr (3756) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - AUG 6, 2014
Pounder: Lemon pledge, corn smell. Clear yellow, thick head, nice lacing. Little flavor save for some mild wood nostes and a mild acetone finish. I donít need to drink beer this badly.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
PolishPrisoner (3) - - JUL 21, 2014 does not count
To start with, I am rating this beer in its segment, and not as compared to craft brews and other beers that cost substantially more. Natty Daddy is one of the best malt liquors available. Ever had Steel Reserve? Yeah, that junk is nasty. This beer is completely inoffensive, and packs an 8% punch. The alcohol is relatively difficult to perceive, and thatís surprising in this segment. The beer pours a slightly darker straw color that the baby Natural Light. Thatís also surprising for the segment. The beer has a flavor, though itís difficult to describe exactly what it tastes like - I detect a lot of corn in the aroma, which substantially influences the flavor. As stated, itís inoffensive, which in the malt liquor category, means that this beer tastes pretty good. From a marketing perspective, AB should have chosen a better name - "Natty Daddy" is a fad type name that will quickly fade and obviously suggests cheapness. I suggest that AB should go ahead and commit to a more serious branding for this product because this recipe has the potential to turn into a legacy and stay a while. Natural Premium. Natural Extra. Something simple yet more serious. This beer is definitely meant to provide a cheap buzz - itís only sold in 25 ounce cans - and it succeeds in its mission while providing a decent flavor. Itís completely worth its price tag. A little more work and this beer could turn into a lasting segment of the Natural line.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Strangebrewer (844) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 12, 2014
big ass can. Poured clear gold with a skim white head. Grainy aroma with a touch of alcohol. Light body, crisp carbonation with an astringent finish. Flavour of grainy adjunct malt and alcohol. This s*#? get u drunk.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
HeistAlmighty (1119) - Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 8, 2014
750ml can. Looks like a macro lager . Aroma is corn syrup and apple juice. Taste is Capín Crunch and rubbing alcohol. Surprising crisp body for malt liquor. Overall, just, no.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Kinz (3274) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUL 6, 2014
In honor of our leaking hot water heater. Clear pale yellow, decent head. Aroma is grainy, slightly sweet. Flavor is remarkably unoffensive. I suppose after having the disaster that was Miller Fortune that my palateís expectations had been sufficiently lowered. But all in all a relatively inoffensive 8% alcohol delivery system, which is all you really should expect from a malt liquor. Not good stuff by any stretch, but managed to pull off "relatively inoffensive" with aplomb.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Barreras (968) - Diamond Bar, California, USA - JUN 23, 2014
Pours a light amber color with a malt aroma. Taste is high alcohol, metallic, and acidic. Flavor is simple in that its malt liquor with one purpose, to get people drunk. No complex flavors, its exactly what I expected from a tall can of malt liquor.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Frank (2817) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 6, 2014
This is something. It is not agressively foul but neither is there anything good to say about it really. It is perfectly clear yellow with a head that remains at a few bubbles around the edges for the duration. It kind of tastes like blue raspberry candies but only mildly so. It mostly tastes like nothing at all aside from a slightly medicinal bitterness in the finish. Its not sweet at all so maintains a decent level of drinkability. The carbonation is vigorous but fine so not harsh. Actually, as far as I can seperate the texture from the taste of it, it is really quite nice, soft and full w/o being heavy. This is really one of the better malt liquors I have had, esp. once you start getting into the 8% gravity range. I mean, I am not in love w/ it. I would not drink it if it had no alcohol in it but for a beer designed exclusively to get you drunk on the cheap, it is really pretty good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BierMeHoos (85) - Maryland, USA - MAY 24, 2014
Ok Quality, 25 oz can. Yellow pour white head. Corn malt aroma. Sweet malt grain taste. Smooth for 8%. Not too bad but not great.