Nav-A-Gator Peace River Pilsner

Nav-A-Gator Peace River Pilsner
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.47   ABV: -
Contract brewed for the Nav-A-Gator Grill.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
S5KAV (1) - Apple Valley, Minnesota, USA - OCT 10, 2007 does not count
I have to disagree with my neighbor from Eagan, this beer was a pleasant surprise. If you like Corona you will like this one. I sometimes think micro breweries deliberately over-hop their product to give it "character". This beer was made with a good recipe that makes it very drinkable. As an aside, the ladies at my table loved it! Steve K. Apple Valley, MN

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - DEC 5, 2002
Yet another largely forgettable "specialty beer" contracted brewed for a restaurant by a so-so brewery. Served so cold that it had ice chunks floating in it. I’d say it negatively impacted the flavor but once I let it warm up it still didn’t have much flavor. Bit sweet with a mild hop finish, but far too many rice tones in its thinness. A few malts, but in general just another boring pilsner. That being said, if you get to the Nav-A-Gator just north of Punta Gorda, I highly, highly recommend the grouper sandwich, blackened. More than makes up for this forgettable brew.