overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1999   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
This dark vienna-munich type beer has had extraordinary acceptance in international markets. Exports to the U.S. began in the early 80´s, and have since attained great success in Europe, Australia, Central and South America.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 20, 2003
My favorite mexican beer. Way better than Corona, Dos Equis, etc. A dark beer but doesn't have a bad bitter taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - JUN 16, 2003
Bottled. Dark golden colour. Pleasant smooth malt nose. On a pleasant warm summer night in London, standing around the BBQ, this beer went down a treat. I was really back to my Ratebeer best. Smooth soft white head, that persisted throughout. The body was silky soft that transitioned through to the palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
skortila (4481) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - JUN 11, 2003
Malty aroma. Clear, dark red appearance, not much head. Taste is malty, sweet, watery. Not much palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
celogan (201) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 5, 2003
Well, It has a nice bottle. Maybe I got an old bottle. I didn't think there was all that much carbonation. Not flat, but seems like it should have been more. Very Malty, and I tasted No Hops at all. Head evaporated almost immediately, and there was no lacing either. Based on this experience, I would not purchase this again. I might drink it if given to me with no other choices and I was really thirsty for a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beastdog75 (362) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - MAY 27, 2003
Probably one the better beers to come out of Mexico. Decent malt nose and flavor. Slightly fruity with good roasted notes. Mouthfeel is a little thin, but this is a good beer to have with any Mexican dish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
hopscotch (9082) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 26, 2003
Most beer enthusiasts have tried this beer at a Mexican restaurant at some point. It's an amber beer with a khaki-colored, medium-sized, rocky head. It was served too cold in an icy and was pretty much flavorless, but went well with the spicy food. I have yet to find a Vienna style brew that I would drink in the absence of food, but that's me. Better than most Mexican/beach beers. No skunk!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
karlwagner (2) - peabody, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 20, 2003 does not count
I get this beer when I can't decide if I want a banana, a coffee, or a beer. To me it tastes like a mix of the three.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ericnixon (738) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Got this with a lime wedge. i can see doing that with an awful beer like Corona, but not this. Nice dark color with a good hoppy taste. the best Mexican beer i've had so far.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
tkaufman (129) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAY 19, 2003
Toasted malt nose on the pour is very good. Unfortunately the beer always looks crappy when poured as its large CO2 bubbles quickly dissipate leaving a watery over carbonated product in the mug. Flavor is actually pretty good for a macro brew, but the lack of body and overcarbonation make this beer much worse than it really is.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
weisinator (67) - USA - MAY 16, 2003
Why do restaurants ruin this with a lime wedge in the opening? A big roasted barley and caramel flavor creeps through this one. It's a little thinner than expected, but a good beer nonetheless.