Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 2221   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
This dark vienna-munich type beer has had extraordinary acceptance in international markets. Exports to the U.S. began in the early 80´s, and have since attained great success in Europe, Australia, Central and South America.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - NOV 13, 2004
Wow! A Mexican beer that is good...imagine that! With a dark, malt caramel flavor that doesn’t need the lime, which is often gratuitously provided. Reminds me of a very light Guinness. Not bad at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Tejas (988) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 12, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2007 Well there isn’t anything offensive about this one and it’s a mexican brew that doesn’t need a lime to add flavor but it’s not one I’d spend drink often. Some malty flavor and a tad bit of roasty flavor to boot.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Odeed (1799) - Bakersfield, California, USA - NOV 12, 2004
UPDATED: APR 12, 2008 very good mexican brew.great with salsa and carne.it does not match up to micro’s,but then again.i dont think its trying to.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 11, 2004
By far my favorite Mexican beer. Goes especially nice with a big platter of carne asada and refried beans. Good caramelly and malty flavors, somewhat crisp dry hop finish. Not something I’d pick up if I weren’t in a mexican mood though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
surfmurf (85) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 1, 2004
Overall a surprise from the brewers of that swill CARONA. Why this is not their most popular beer is proof that if you advertise people will drink $h*T and pay a lot for it. I could do without the lime though, save it for a diet coke. Very good and a neat bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jackbocracken (36) - Washington, USA - OCT 30, 2004
I’ll have to rerate this when I get it in a glass, but I had it from a bottle in a restaurant and it tasted pretty good. Good medium body, nice roasted malty/slightly sweet flavour, and it goes damn well with spicy catfish tacos.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CBCPaleAle (73) - Ohio, USA - OCT 27, 2004
My favorite of the mexican beers. Nice dark color. A little watered down for this style, but that is part of it’s appeal when mixed with Mexican cuisine.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 25, 2004
Bottle. Pours a nice dark lager like beer. Nice light malt aroma of slight hops. Taste is really all on its own. I have this every time I have Mexican food. I really like this beer as it is decently bodied and really has a great flavor. Not like most of the Mexican beers I’ve had. Good stuff.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaltMaiden (10) - USA - OCT 22, 2004
My summer standby. What I order when I don’t want to choose something new from the 100+ list o’ beers. Malty, a little complex, goes great with a plate of nachos. And I even like the color.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jtxx (149) - san antonio, Texas, USA - OCT 21, 2004
Favorite Mexican beer. I’ve been drinking it ever since i could go across the border and buy it for 25cents in boys town..but’s that’s another story.