overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 46   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
The great Bill Monroe described his bluegrass music as “Scottish bagpipes and ole-time fiddlin’. It’s Methodist and Holiness and Baptist. It’s blues and jazz, and it has a high lonesome sound.” Our Black & Blue Grass begs to concur. Belgian yeast and stateside Saison spicing; black pepper and blue agave and lemongrass, and a great bet alongside any food you have around. Or, just enjoy a bomber of Black & Blue Grass as you watch the springtime ponies run.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
queenholly (2847) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - JUL 7, 2012
Tap at Bank Street. Spicy floral citrus aroma, reminds me quite a bit of rose geranium. Clear golden with a large white head. Just like the aroma, the flavor was very rose geranium .. spicy floral citrus, with a light malty backbone. Light body. I found this unique and very enjoyable. Glad I got a bomber to take home.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
garrison (757) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Another fine "New Albanian" brew that I purchased from Liquor Direct in Covingron. KY - Yo, this is a most berrycentric blonde (I knew a lady like that before).. it’d a good beer, just not my taste and style,.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
fitwitchik (250) - USA - MAY 18, 2014
Poured from a bottle purchased at Crown Liquor in Indy by suggestion of friend a hazy gold with a thin white head. Aroma is grass, lemon, black pepper. Flavor is most unique blend I have consumed in long time. Got the Belgium bread here. Sweet lemongrass (think literally eating it) and a finish of strong black pepper. Fresh clean feel here to palate. Would have never purchased this beer it I read the reviews here. Instead went on faith of friend and was happily surprised I would like such a blend.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bluejacket74 (1275) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - JUL 21, 2012
22 ounce bottle. Served in a tulip, the beer pours a slightly hazy orange/amber color with a half inch off-white head that didn’t stay around for too long. There’s a small amount of lacing. Aroma is nice, it smells like honey/blue agave, lemongrass, citrus, apples and some peppery spice. The brew tastes like honey/blue agave, peppercorns, lemongrass and some citrus. I liked the taste of this brew more and more the longer I drank it. Mouthfeel/body is light/medium, it’s a bit slick and smooth with low carbonation. I think this is a good overall brew, I liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pete4999 (994) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 29, 2012
22 oz bottle, not a ton of carbonation left, though it wasn’t flat. Poured an opaque orange-brown. Smelled almost-flowery, maybe some rose in the scent. Flavor was very sweet and nearly syrupy, had a very thick mouthfeel with a bit of the flower flavor as well. I don’t know where I got the flower from. Enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
LilBeerDoctor (3422) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2013
On tap at the brewpub. Pours a clear orange with a thin white head. Aroma of bready malt, floral perfume, light fruits, herbal notes. Flavor of herbal tea and light fruits up front followed by a very bready finish. The sweet agave is pretty faint here, doesn’t overpower the beer. Plenty of herbal/floral notes abound. Interesting and tasty saison. 7/4/8/4/14 (3.7/5)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rondphoto (1807) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - MAY 6, 2013
Clear medium amber with a long-lasting white head and swaths of lace. Taste begins with malt and biscuit that grows sweeter through the palate, finally allowing a touch of hops bittering to bring things into balance. A full-bodied saison, exceptionally well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Patrickctenchi (3441) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAY 12, 2012
Bomber: pours dark, clear amber with a little white head. Aroma is powerfully floral and sweet...Roses. Taste is rose, flowers, spice, agave, yeast. This is a very different beer. Slightly peppery, sweet tea. I’m impressed....and not sure how to adequately describe it. Shrubber said "citronella"...the more I think about it, I do believe he’s right...a slight waxiness to it....beeswax?? whatever, I like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
drfabulous (3843) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAY 14, 2012
22 ounce from Liquor Barn. Thin head disappears quickly. Caramel looking body. Honey. Nectar. Spices. Big floral perfume taste. Very different.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
cernjoh (104) - Ohio, USA - MAY 18, 2014
Aroma is lemongrass, appearance is a clear honey color with a 1 finger white head that dissipates quickly. Taste is very good. I pick up the saison characteristics, lemongrass, mild sweetness, and a slight corn like finish. Palate is very good. A great summer beer. Just drank my bomber with my wife after a long day outside. I definitely recommend to give this a try on a hot day. Make sure it is very cold.