New Amsterdam Amber Beer

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   ABV: -
Single Batch. Extremely well-balanced with rich malt flavor up front, followed by a hoppy finish. Full-bodied and hearty. Formerly New Amsterdam New York Amber Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CrumpyC99 (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2001
I miss this beer so much. I cannot find this beer in my local stores anymore. It’s smooth, with a nice understated hop flvaor. Beautiful.

ddinneb (5) - Sylvania, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2007 does not count
Very difficult to find in the Toledo OH area. After reading several reviews I feel that maybe some of the reviewers could give this brew another taste; this is the way I savor this brew… I assure a clean, thin walled pilsner glass slightly chilled. I prefer the Amber Ale to be around 45 degrees and poured to create a head about 1 inch. (not difficult) the color is so inviting and a pleasure to serve to a friend as a treat. Whenever I go to the NYC area I bring home 2 six’s and savor each. A golden, smooth, creamy head, with a rich taste that stays with you. Thanks for reading!