New Amsterdam Amber Beer

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   ABV: -
Single Batch. Extremely well-balanced with rich malt flavor up front, followed by a hoppy finish. Full-bodied and hearty. Formerly New Amsterdam New York Amber Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
BBB63 (6083) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 14, 2003
Picked this one up in a mixer sixer, never had one of their beers before. Medium amber hue with a small rocky head and some lacing. Aroma hinted of roasted malt, nuts, butter, and light pine. Weak taste more hops than malt, acidic with a bit of bite on finish, dry. Thin to medium-bodied, watery and fizzy mouthfeel. Very average beer, would not seek out.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - JUN 25, 2003
Bottle. Hard for me to believe the other ratings here, I thought this stuff was awful. Sour flavor that leads into a nasty aftertaste, slimy mouthfeel, weakly fruity aroma, some effervesence that's more annoying than anything else...I just couldn't get into it and now I'm going to have to go downstairs and drink a Celebrator Dopplebock that I had been saving for Friday to wash the taste out of my mouth. Dammit, now I'm going to have to go to the store and pick another one up tomorrow.