overall

RATINGS: 374   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Alpine might be small, but their brewing chops are mighty. We teamed up to create this triple dry-hopped imperial IPA bursting with Columbus, Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe hops. Consider yourself a hero for getting an Alpine beer outside of San Diego.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Rrauth (1115) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 9, 2012
Bomber. Cloudy orange with nice head. Lovely citrus aroma. This is such a well balanced beer. Nice finish. Very impressed. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
peteinSD (1333) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 8, 2012
Bottle. Light golden pour with a froth of white foam and sticky lacing down the sides of the glass. Pungent aroma with floral hops, light underlying bitterness, and a fairly clean malt backbone with subtle sweetness. I can actually smell alpine’s characteristic bready malt profile from its ipas and iipas in this beer although the aroma is not quite as dank. Taste is clean hop bitterness with pine, a somewhat sweet malt backbone although it’s well balanced, some noticeable alcohol, and lingering bitterness. Coating mouthfeel. Good IIPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Strykzone (4781) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2012
Sampled at an ESBLS tasting. This is clear golden with a smallish off white head and a nose of pine hops. Maybe some floral and citrus, too. Ok, there are a lot of hops here. All of those hops are tasted and they collide rather than compliment. This is an example of a beer trying to do to much. It is a hop heads delight, though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
richiesd (31) - California, USA - AUG 7, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2012 Holy crap. This beer is amazing. On draft at toronado SD. I haven’t had an ipa in this realm of awesome since roger’s last stand. The hop flavors come at you hard without any of that bitterness. Just the right amount of maltiness for this style Of beer. If I wanted something less malty I would have ordered a Nelson. Anyways, this gets extra points for being possibly the easiest "alpine" beer to get a hold of. Drink it fresh obviously. If the hops fade this beer won’t be nearly as tasty *re-rating this* 8/14 The hops have either dropped some, or that first keg I had last week was some miracle batch. While not one of the most mindblowingly good IPAs I’ve ever had anymore, it is still amazing. I’m a hophead obviously, so I probably went overboard when I first had it. Either way, awesome IPA, if we weren’t so spoiled with Alpine already, I’d be seeking this out by the case.