overall

RATINGS: 719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Climb on in and grab a paddle. Our first foray into lagered beers, Blue Paddle Pilsener-Lager, is a Czech style pilsener with a refreshing crispness from noble hops and a rich, malty finish. ‘Blue Paddle’ refers to the implement our warehouse manager’s Grandma once used to lovingly paddle his a** when she caught him stealing sips of her beer. With more body than a traditional Belgian pils, Blue Paddle is reflective of Europe’s finest pilseners.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - NOV 3, 2003
nice yellow color. Very crisp bitter flavor. Tons of flavor for a pilsner. Very good. Maybe a the best pilsner in a bottle outside Victory's. I am very impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Braudog (5582) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Golden and relatively still. Full-bodied malty goodness with unique tangy finish. The flavor is outstanding, but I think it's flatness detracts considerably.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 31, 2003
This beer has a hell of a lot of flavor, reminding me a bit of Troegs Pils with its long, dry finish. Looks great too--awesome head and amazing lace. The flavors changed as I worked my way through the bottle (though I was probably on the job for less than 5 minutes--it begs you to knock it back). It began as rather pedestrian--it sort of reminded me of a not terribly good helles, but then I noticed a lot of really nice pale malt sweetness, but then I noticed good, quenching dry bitterness and finally the hop flavor comes out--very complex hop flavor there. Note how the ratings on this one vary incredibly. I don't know--I liked it. PhillyBeer sent this one to me. I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kyzr (1147) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - OCT 28, 2003
Golden yellow with white head that was somewhat weak for a pilsner. Malty nose with a touch of citrus fruit. The malt hits you first, and then finishes with a bitter finish. Good solid pilsner, I myself liked the hoppy suprise.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
carboloader (673) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Pours deep yellow in color, with foamy white head that mostly remains. Aroma is slightly floral, pine sagebrush(?). Maybe I'm being swayed by the label but this really seems to have a juniper smell. Flavor is the same with a nice bitter finish. I usually don't like pilseners, but this one I find to be rather interesting. Hard to drink more than 1 or 2 though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JorisPPattyn (7807) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - OCT 2, 2003
(draught) Yellow to (very) light amber; small white head, very good lace. Very light malts nose, lightly grassy aroma. Very light malt taste, ever so slight bitterish finish. Very light body, but with a nice Champenoise pearling. Rather uninteresting pilsener.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - OCT 2, 2003
Crystal clear gold with an orange tinge. Somewhat of a small white head for a pils. Fresh grain, hop aroma. Taste of light grain and hops. Slightly bitter finish. A very drinkable pils with nice flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 30, 2003
Now this beer may not be the greatest of the New Belgium Family, but it's one of the best pilsners I've had, (this from a man who dislikes pilsners). The color is a thin yellow with a huge foamy head that dissapates quickly. Theres a hoppy smooth malt sweetness smell. The taste is hoppy, with a smooth malt middle and kinda weak bittersweet and tangy finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lemonlovr (190) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - SEP 29, 2003
Once of the best pilsners I've ever had. Very little aroma characterized by hoppiness. Color is golden yellow. Flavor is not as hay-like as other pilsners. Palate is average.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 9, 2003
Hoppy yeasty citrus aroma.Medium golden appearance.Very crisp dry grapefruit flavor with a dry slightly soapy finish.