overall

RATINGS: 723   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Climb on in and grab a paddle. Our first foray into lagered beers, Blue Paddle Pilsener-Lager, is a Czech style pilsener with a refreshing crispness from noble hops and a rich, malty finish. ‘Blue Paddle’ refers to the implement our warehouse manager’s Grandma once used to lovingly paddle his a** when she caught him stealing sips of her beer. With more body than a traditional Belgian pils, Blue Paddle is reflective of Europe’s finest pilseners.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - NOV 17, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2012 Bottle: Pours straw colored with a head that dissipated a bit quickly , delicate flavor with , maltiness dries quickly, complimented by crisp, yet balanced hop bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Reid (1878) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 15, 2003
Wow this beer poured a monsterous white foamy head..massive..it settled down after 5 minutes thoughg..nice golden beer below..good looking pils. the aroma is quite average for this type the noble hops..weak malts etc. weird flavour throughout each mouthful..its not bad..just cant place it....odd bitterness not the usual Noble hop taste..well whatever its pretty good. average in the mouth , nothing out of the ordinary. A pretty drinkable but forgettable brew..ok i suppose.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - NOV 11, 2003
Hrm. Pleasant light gold-amber. Not much head. Sweeter and maltier than I'd like but this seems to be a reasonably okay offering. I hoped for more.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 6, 2003
Pours a nice golden with a frothy white head, and spotty lacing. Not much of a nose to speak of though. Nice flavors of sweet malt and a little bit of spices, hard to specify. Nice and clean finish. Not shabby.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - NOV 3, 2003
nice yellow color. Very crisp bitter flavor. Tons of flavor for a pilsner. Very good. Maybe a the best pilsner in a bottle outside Victory's. I am very impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Braudog (5647) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Golden and relatively still. Full-bodied malty goodness with unique tangy finish. The flavor is outstanding, but I think it's flatness detracts considerably.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 31, 2003
This beer has a hell of a lot of flavor, reminding me a bit of Troegs Pils with its long, dry finish. Looks great too--awesome head and amazing lace. The flavors changed as I worked my way through the bottle (though I was probably on the job for less than 5 minutes--it begs you to knock it back). It began as rather pedestrian--it sort of reminded me of a not terribly good helles, but then I noticed a lot of really nice pale malt sweetness, but then I noticed good, quenching dry bitterness and finally the hop flavor comes out--very complex hop flavor there. Note how the ratings on this one vary incredibly. I don't know--I liked it. PhillyBeer sent this one to me. I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kyzr (1150) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - OCT 28, 2003
Golden yellow with white head that was somewhat weak for a pilsner. Malty nose with a touch of citrus fruit. The malt hits you first, and then finishes with a bitter finish. Good solid pilsner, I myself liked the hoppy suprise.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
carboloader (673) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Pours deep yellow in color, with foamy white head that mostly remains. Aroma is slightly floral, pine sagebrush(?). Maybe I'm being swayed by the label but this really seems to have a juniper smell. Flavor is the same with a nice bitter finish. I usually don't like pilseners, but this one I find to be rather interesting. Hard to drink more than 1 or 2 though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JorisPPattyn (7887) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - OCT 2, 2003
(draught) Yellow to (very) light amber; small white head, very good lace. Very light malts nose, lightly grassy aroma. Very light malt taste, ever so slight bitterish finish. Very light body, but with a nice Champenoise pearling. Rather uninteresting pilsener.