overall

RATINGS: 417   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Unearth your bottle-opener because this Pale Ale is something you can Dig. Sorachi Ace hops provides a fresh Spring zing with incredible lemon aroma. Nelson Sauvin is next in line with bursts of passion fruit, mango and peach. American favorites, Cascade and Centennial round out this crisp, clean Pale Ale. Dig in!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Thinker (62) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - JAN 27, 2012
When this pale is pours it has a dark caramel color and very little head that doesnít stick around. The flavor has the perfect amount of bitterness that ends with the perfect amount of hop for a pale ale. Also has a very clean taste, very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bpr77 (264) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 27, 2012
Pours a clear amber/gold color. thin white head. Aroma is grassy, lemon peel, and something spicy I canít quite put my finger on. Aroma is excellent though. Flavor was a bit disappointing on first try. With the aroma I was picking up, I expected something bolder. But, it is a spring pale ale, and I guess I shouldnít expect something bold and super hoppy. Aroma just had me thinking something else. On second taste, I am appreciating the clean refreshing and light hop bite to the beer. I see some people saying this beer is a let down. I canít say that. Itís good for what it is...a light type of pale ale. The finish on this beer is really excellent after about 10 seconds or so. Leaves a good impression. All said and done, this is a good pale ale and a nice clean tasting beer to have a few of. I expect to probably see this on tap throughout the spring and Iíd certainly go back to it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - JAN 26, 2012
The first thing I thought when I caught whiff was, "Earthy". Then when I was drinking it I was looking for that earthiness to describe it and the best description I could give would be a more robust version of a Fat Tire. So there you have it. The most unique beer has one-uped itself. Nough said.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Drake (8030) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - JAN 25, 2012
12 ounce bottle from Beer Run. Pours a clear dark golden color with a thin off-white head. Decent head retention. Aroma of herbal hops. The taste is herbal and tropical hops, toasted malts and a bit of a buttery note. Thin bodied, slightly watery, average carbonation. A little disappointed by this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
SirADNielsen (8948) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 25, 2012
Bottle @ home. These guys sure seem to come up with some disappointing seasonals. I really enjoyed their Saison, but it got the axe for a lesser beer. Anyways, Dig (what a stupid fucking name) pours a transparent, copper orange appearance with a huge, off-white head. Toasty malty, dusty, earthy, a touch floral aroma. Kind of a lame, toasty caramel malty, bitter, earthy flavor. Not much going on here.Clean, but dull and boring flavor. Another disappointment.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SphinxTX (2876) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - JAN 25, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2012 Bottle. Pours amber with beige head. Aroma is very grassy, piney and citrusy. Flavor has that same, bright hop expression, light with nice, light malt and a pleasant, refreshing light bitter. Light body with high carbonation...Overall, I kinda dig this!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Trev (1890) - Lakeville, Minnesota, USA - JAN 24, 2012
Bottle: Dark gold, almost amber pour with a medium foamy white head. aroma is a little bit muted, tropical fruit, mango, peach I get, some citrus as well. Flavour has a lot of that same melon, mango fruitiness in it. Floral bitterness as well. Malt profile is a bit lighter than expected. some caramel and burnt sugar in there. Interesting,

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
TronnyJenkins (92) - Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2012
Bottle from sixer. Aroma is nice and hoppy, yet earthy. Color is a pretty light amber, and the head is decent. Flavor is fruity, yet dry with a nice bitterness to it. To me this is a hoppier take on Fat Tire... A touch stronger and lighter. I was reading on the NB website that they used Sorachi and Nelson Sauvin hops for this, and the malts are pretty simple so I guess the interesting earthy flavors come in from the hops. Very refreshing and unique stuff.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PapaMick (41) - Jacksonville, Arkansas, USA - JAN 23, 2012
On tap at Flying Saucer. Crisp grassy flaindistinguisavors. Pleasantv to my palate. Aroma was indistinguishable to my poor nose. Sharpness oh hops us really good. Medium amber pour from a new keg. Good lacing. Good pale ale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
theyshookhands (243) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JAN 22, 2012
Pours a clear copper with a nice off white head and some lace. Aroma is of sweet malts, citrus, lemon and hops. Cool flavor, very smooth, citrus and pine hops, some sweet malts and fruity notes. Clean, crisp, refreshing and tasty.