overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1318   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
La Folie Wood-Aged Biere, is our original wood-conditioned beer, resting in French Oak barrels between one and three years before being hand bottled, numbered and corked for your enjoyment. Brewmaster, Peter Bouckaert, came to us from Rodenbach – home of the fabled sour red. Our La Folie emulates the spontaneous fermentation beers of Peter’s beloved Flanders with sour apple notes, a dry effervescence, and earthy undertones.

Nocturne (632) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 12, 2014
650ml bottle. Reddish brown shade with light tan foam. Aroma is nicely complex: cherry, red grape, apple fruitiness. Smokier, dark malt presence too. Pretty sour but as not much as I expected; much oakier on the other hand. Lactic yoghurt influence. Fairly high carb. Quite delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
48FanInCali (663) - California, USA - MAR 11, 2014
Bottle - decent amount of fruit with sour and vinegar notes. Not as vinous as others but still better than decent.

tkrjukoff (3897) - SWEDEN - MAR 7, 2014
Pours clear brown ruby small beigish head. Aromatic vinous sour vinegar fruity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
achtungpv (205) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 7, 2014
Deep red black color with little head. Instantly rich red wine flavor, blackberries, and a ton of lip puckering sour. Very good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
tricyclist (536) - Florida, USA - MAR 4, 2014
Great sample pour from draft. Deep raspberry color, no head. Aroma comes in with raspberry and darker fruit. Vinegar notes. Flavor follows suit, citric notes, sharp, balsamic and raspberry vinegar. Clean and nice. I definitely I dig this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Crompt (100) - York, South Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2014
I credit this beer for getting me to start trying sours. I do not, however, want to give krompt any credit for getting me into sours even though he shared this bottle with me but he did redeem himself with this. Mainly because he started me with a sour previous to this that tasted like straight vinegar thinking I was man enough to appreciate but it humbled me because clearly I wasn’t quite as good a beer snob as I thought I was.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrewHaMeister (98) - - FEB 28, 2014
Thanks to Bytemesis for the intro to sour beers. Bomber pours like a fizzy cola with a small, quickly dissipating head. Aromas of, caramel, nuts, tart dark cherries, and oaky wood. Flavor is a slap in the face sour cherry ball. It’s growing on me. Pretty tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
firedog23 (73) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 28, 2014
Just a great beer regardless of style. Real sour taste from the beginning that mellows out as your taste buds melt. Brown ale behind it that is full of flavor and makes you want to drink more. Awesome beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
snoworsummer (1609) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 17, 2014
Draft at Max’s Sour Fest. Pours hazy dark ruby copper with a fizzy off white head. Tastes sour, tart, like raspberries, blueberries, yeast and faint raisins. Light/medium body and low carbonation. Smells like musky grapes, raisins, and sugar.

Reimer96 (1066) - Alberta, CANADA - FEB 17, 2014
Pours a clear reddish brown with a light brown head that has good retention. Aroma of plums, black cherries, currants, green apples and a hint of vanilla oak. Taste is intense fruitiness a sharp sour character thats puckering and a touch astringent, red wine like character that finishes dry. Medium bodied with moderate carbonation...light, crisp and refreshing. Great Flanders Red.