overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1390   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
La Folie Wood-Aged Biere, is our original wood-conditioned beer, resting in French Oak barrels between one and three years before being hand bottled, numbered and corked for your enjoyment. Brewmaster, Peter Bouckaert, came to us from Rodenbach Ė home of the fabled sour red. Our La Folie emulates the spontaneous fermentation beers of Peterís beloved Flanders with sour apple notes, a dry effervescence, and earthy undertones.

swesson's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
swesson (187) - Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA - SEP 17, 2013
A very different taste! Fruity and strong, just a small head and a bit of lacing. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bjansen333 (1) - Arizona, USA - JUL 30, 2014 does not count
what a wonderful sour! Beautiful amber color, mild sour and fruity aroma, and a somewhat strong malty sour taste. One of my favorites from New Belgium for sure.

gschrade (544) - Collinsville, USA - JUL 28, 2014
I had this at Global Brew. Pours reddish brown with a off white head. Taste sour, fruity, cherries. I thought this was great. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
burleybrew (43) - - JUL 26, 2014
On tap at local pub. Very nice fruit & sour aroma followed by a strong, but not overwhelming sour & malt flavors. An approachable & enjoyable sour.

DrYeast (7) - - JUL 26, 2014 does not count
I was lucky to find this at a local store. Last of a case that somehow didnít sell out. This was a great example of a sour brown style, and I looked it so much that I will be looking for more of this style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
beersorcerer (35) - Armpit of the Panhandle, Florida, USA - JUL 20, 2014
The last La Folie on tap at Whole Foods. Two bottles in storage. When I heard of this beer long before the Lips of Faith incarnation & having lived in Belgium 30 years ago, I spent a long time to tracking it down. My first and only "Big Bomber" took me 5 years to find, and another 5 to age. Since than I have had it as I often as I can, now that NB is here in the deep South. Having drank sours most of my mature beer life, I can tell for us here Stateside, this beer is near perfection. The aroma is typical and to character - if you canít stand the funk, funking get out of the kitch. The pour is perfect, color head and retention. Thereís a great satisfaction of the first sip and the slight pucker before the full on tart hits your tongue. Itís all smiles after that. I have been drinking this style awhile, and only wish I can get the other examples more often. Hereís to more sour in a sweet life. Whatís wrong with some more balance? This is near perfection.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
novice101 (298) - - JUL 10, 2014
I really enjoyed this beer, very tart with some sweetness of vanilla from the barrel aging, there is some sourness with some earthy notes as well. A very different and unique beer

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wisdomsolo (400) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUL 8, 2014
It's smells like a funky wet sock. But the flavor is outstanding! Has a nice sweet candy flavor that has a great tartness to it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fluffy (1506) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUL 8, 2014
The 2014. Smells atrocious, but the flavor is pretty awesome. Sour apple, some cherry. Really pretty awesome. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
conway (1332) - - JUL 3, 2014
Bottle. Dark red with an off white head. Aroma is tart dark fruit and funk. Taste adds some tart cherry and cherry skins. Medium sticky mouthfeel and light carb. Very nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
John25 (380) - Middletown, New Jersey, USA - JUL 3, 2014
Bottle. Dark ruby. Sour bite on the aroma with a cherry funk. The taste adds oak barrel and sweet sour malts. Bitter bite on the mouthfeel. Love this one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone