overall

RATINGS: 317   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Say hola to a spiced up ale full of cocoa and ancho, guajillo, chipotle peppers. But donít fear the heat, because plenty of caramel and chocolate malts bring a smooth, complex flavor. Scents of cinnamon when poured will have your saying "°Ole For Mole!"

gnatman (10) - - MAR 8, 2012
I was surprised how much I loved this beer. It sounded interesting, and tasted absolutely delicious. Like a spicy hot chocolate, but cool and refreshing.

djdrdave (5) - Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2012 does not count
This beverage is fit for the Aztec gods. I love mole, I love cocoa, I love hot peppers and I love beer. I saw the bottle at a store yesterday, but held off on purchasing it. But fate intervened when I saw that it was on tap at a bar last night. I wonít mention the name of the bar just yet because I donít want my fellow beer geeks to drink it up before I get a few more helpings. Itís ok, I like my fellow beer geeks, as long as you arenít a hipster beer geek! After sampling more of it today I will divulge the location. It was reported to be 10.5%, and either way you slice it is a beer you wonít forget.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
sjh182 (1) - - FEB 18, 2012 does not count
A wonderful and surprising beer, great chocolate taste with a surprising pepper aftertaste. The hot pepper taste is mild but evident.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 28, 2012
Wow- Now that is a beer for the ages. No really this is chocolate rain good. I was sooooo surprised when I grabbed this on tap the other night. How have I missed this. The coco along with the chili was unreal. The bite on the back of the throat sneaks up on you. I had to get it down with the coldness. LOVE this beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
JennyJam (47) - Oceanside, California, USA - FEB 15, 2013
Dark in color, caramel-brown, dark ale. Not much of a head. Explosion of flavors. Starts with a sugar cookie, malty chocolate sweetness followed by a bite of pepper flavor and lingering aftertaste that grows throughout. Delicious! A perfect dessert. This is one of my favorites and I hope they bring it out again!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
j100pinoy (8) - Westminster, Colorado, USA - FEB 17, 2012 does not count
The bottle alone should win an award. Very unique. The aroma of this beer is absolutely amazing. Chocolate, caramel, and about eight different spices. Reminded me of a baked pumpkin pie. Hints of pepper and other cooking spice. Nice rich brown color. Taste of herbs, spice, and roasted malts. This is a very off the wall beer but done so remarkably well. Grab one before they disappear.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ismellawumpus (1) - - MAR 3, 2012 does not count
I have never found a beer that captured an essence like this one. (2/12) Each sip is an amazing journey through the complexities of chocolate and beer. The best compliment to this beer is another sip.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
goatpirate (9) - - MAR 9, 2012 does not count
22 oz bomber poured into an English pub glass. Dark red/amber in color, with a thick, long-lasting, foamy head -- about an inch thick after the pour. Spicy, strong cinnamon and chile aroma with a hint of chocolate. Tastes exactly like a cold Mexican hot chocolate. 9% alcohol content, but you canít tell by the taste. This could be a dangerous beer that would get you in a lot of trouble, however you wouldnít want to drink more than one bottle at a time. My new favorite!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
IndyBeerSnob (132) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 4, 2012
Pours a deep deep brown color. Taste is magnificent. Brown sugar and a very mild vegetable spice. This is one of my favorite new Belgium beers to date. Lots of.brown sugar in the aftertaste. No recognize of any high alcohol taste. This beer simply is well balanced, mildly spicy, and sweet sweet cocoa brown sugar to finish. Delicious. Thanks new Belgium.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrinkEmUpJones (1062) - Georgia, USA - FEB 20, 2012
Pours dark brown/red, almost with a purplish hint on the head. Aroma is amazing-rich chocolate, enhanced with pepper but without a spicyness-just like good mexican chocolate. Palate is rich and smooth and flavor is just as good as aroma. Oh my god, i think iím in love.