overall

RATINGS: 279   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Oh my God. It’s not only a reaction for drinking one of Dieu De Ciel’s beers, but a figurative translation of the Montreal brewery’s name. Just ask our brewmaster, he’s in heaven when drinking this collaborative tripel, inspired by Dieu De Ciel’s love of hibiscus and Belgians love of the obscure, hence our addition of tart feijoa fruit. Cheers!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Kevin (2071) - New Mexico, USA - JUN 8, 2013
bottle. light amber body...... thin head... ...smells of burnt flowers and perfume... ... perfume flavor exists too woody caramel and pepper yeast finish......not going to be a repeat purchase.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
swoopjones (5757) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUN 8, 2013
Bottle, golden orange pour. Fruity aroma, some fruit I am aware of feijoada perhaps. White wineiness, touch of tartness. Fruit forward flavor, mumbled jumbled flavor. Doesn’t seem to work. Fruitiness out of wack.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TizzleJizzle (620) - Garland, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2013
UPDATED: APR 13, 2014 Bottle. Golden pour, with a foamy white head and decent retention. Tastes bitter, feijoa (which apparently I hate), way too tart, and dried fruit. Obviously I’m not a fan of this brew, although I highly appreciate New Belgium thinking outside the box and trying something new. It’s just not for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lubiere (9919) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2013
A hazed amber ale with a thin off white head. In aroma, fruity caramel malt with light fruit acidity, chalky notes, lightly musty. In mouth, a sweet caramel malt with fruity acidity, raspy peels, feijoa skins, not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
fidelis83 (1932) - Clinton, Iowa, USA - JUN 5, 2013
Clear, old gold pour with a 2 finger, soapy off white head that has great retention and leaves nice lacing. Strange aroma, banana esters, lots of fruity and floral notes, some interesting, earthy, citrus and fruity notes that are pretty hard to pin down, maybe the Feijoa fruit? Flavor is tart and fruity up front, with a sort of green wood tartness and acidity that lasts, lots of tart floral notes that remind me of rose hips, some sweatiness and that lingering green wood bite. Medium body, with a dry entry leading to an astringent, tart (very vitamin c like acidity) finish. Weird beer, I actually enjoyed it a decent amount, but it took me a while to wrap my head around what I was tasting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bu11zeye (11940) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - JUN 4, 2013
(22oz bottle) Pours a clear yellow body with a medium white head. Aroma of florals, tropical fruit, bread, and yeast. Flavor of stone fruit, hibiscus, earth, herbs, and yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Goldbane (13) - Petaluma, California, USA - JUN 3, 2013
This was an odd one for me. Very unique flavors going on here. I enjoyed it as a taster, but just not my style, however, I have to be objective and recognize that this is an interesting beer (and my wife loves it!). I can see this as a food pairing specialty beer with mango salsa dishes or some fruit heavy dishes, or for people that just love unique, subtle fruit flavors.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Elwood (3079) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Serving: 22 oz. bottle from State Line Liquors. It pours a nice amber color with a lasting white head. The nose is an unusual mix of floral notes (Hibiscus I presume), musty citrus, and slight malt notes. The flavor is unusual to say the least. A little floral, a little tart, yeast, and a slight maltiness. This one leaves with that "hmmmm..." sort of feeling like you aren’t quite sure whether to like it or not. It’s drinkable, but not one I would come back to.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
alexsdad06 (5370) - Ohio, USA - MAY 30, 2013
Bottle shared by Tmoney99. Pours a clear amber color with a small white head. The aroma has a big herbal/floral note, citrus juice, doughy malt, Belgian yeast and an odd note I can only assume is the feijoa fruit. The flavor has much of the same with some grapefruit like bitterness to the finish. A different spin on a tripel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pushkinwow (1999) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 30, 2013
Bomber. Amber with a white head. Chardonnay, dry, habiscus, bit of yeast, lemon zest, some peach, lightly tart. Moderate carbonation, more of a reisling on the palate, quite dry, nice fresh finish.