overall

RATINGS: 508   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
MIGHTY ARROW Pale Ale provides lots of pleasurable sniffs from Amarillo and Cascade hops with a fetching honey malt base. This is our brewed tribute to Arrow, Kim’s Aussie/Border Collie mix who ran (literally) New Belgium for 12 years. When she wasn’t patrolling the brewery grounds, she was famous for her office visits: She never met a tummy rub she didn’t like. Atta girl Arrow.

jake65 (2873) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 4, 2008
Draft: Golden with a smaller white head. Aroma is lightly floral and a bit grassey. Taste is grainy with light grassey hops and a little bit of malt. Rather sour and brash. Sampled at some dive bar in Sun Valley... could have been foul tap lines? I’ll try to re-rate this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jarrid (20) - Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA - AUG 31, 2008
Not a big fan of it, though. The taste is great until the very end, and I did not enjoy the bitterness, and I am glad it was in the Folly Pack.

checkmatei1 (765) - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2009
Draft: Poured an amber color with small amount of head. The aroma was hops, caramel and spice. The flavor was pretty much the same, with some pepper and stronger hops. Overall, this was just OK to me. Nothing special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mjg74 (2736) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 27, 2009
Bottle from Valley Farm Market. Dark golden in color upon pouring. Somewhat spicy hop aroma, some citrus. Spicy peppery hoppiness. A little under carbonated for my palate. Not bad, but I wouldn’t buy this again when I can get SNPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
steview (1036) - Petaluma, California, USA - FEB 1, 2009
grainy aroma with slightly fruity notes and herbal qualities--stems and all; dead straw body with moderate off-white head and lacing; drinkable--lightly creamy and somewhat spiky; nice honey sweetness although too clean; alright brew... reminds me of some basic Japanese lagers!

BVery (7681) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - FEB 8, 2009
BOTTLE: copper pour, aroma is grain, faint hops, and yeast. A little sweet/honey on taste. Decent beer, but not spectacular.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Butters (3946) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - FEB 11, 2009
Bottle split with barrios at woody’s. Pours a clear light amber with nice thick white head. Aroma is very fruity hop aroma, like grapefruit with a wierd twinge of mustiness. Flavor is semi-bitter with some citrusy hop flavor and a dusty quality. Leaves a dry semi-bitter finish in my mouth. Decent for style I suppose, but not exactly my cup of tea.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bhensonb (12173) - Woodland, California, USA - FEB 14, 2009
Bottle from BevMo in Fairfield. Light copper color with a decent fizzy white head. Aroma of mild hop. Not much else. Medium body with near creamy carbonation. I have no clue what the flavor is. More herbal than hop. Or maybe it’s floral/citrus but not so floral. The finish is kind of cat box, so I’ll go with citrus. Way weird for a pale ale.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
OzarkElmo (303) - Poplar Bluff, Missouri, USA - APR 18, 2009
UPDATED: JUN 3, 2009 BB June 18, 2009. Pours a very clear golden/orange with moderate white head that diminishes to a trace. For some reason I smell a Purina Dog Chow bag. Funky smell of malts and hops without nothing distincive hitting me, other than an empty Purina Dog Chow food bag (is this what they call "barnyard"? Definitely more malts than hops in the nose. Have to say I like a more hopped APA than this, but overall it is balanced and more malty. I’d drink again but would probably pass on purchasing. To me the aroma is not as pleasant as others. Overall I find New Belgium a fine brewery, but something about this just is not right with me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
TheAlum (6193) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - FEB 28, 2009
12 oz bottle from binnys singles rack (orland park, il). Pours a pretty clear golden hue, light darkening, with bigg offwhite cakey head that dissipates to a decent size. Aromas are nicely floral bouquet, citrusy hops with light carmel malt sweetness and pale malts. Fairly sweet. Initial is fairly light in body with the tell tale new belgium blend in taste. Light grainy, carmel, and pale malts with nice sweetness, light citrusy hops and a blandish finish with a touch of bitterness. A little bit of a dissappointment. Lacking body and flavor, but aromas and appearance are up to par. Ehhh.