overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 731   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Our first venture into organically-produced beer, Mothership Wit Organic Wheat Beer elevates the zesty Wit or White beers of Belgium. Our far-flung Beer Rangers affectionately refer to our Fort Collins brewery as the Mothership, a name that conjures images of earth shot from space and the interconnectivity of it all. Mothership Wit is brewed with wheat and barley malt, as well as coriander and orange peel spicing resulting in a balance of citrus and sour flavors held in suspension by a bright burst of carbonation.

withsteam (3) - , Nebraska, USA - SEP 27, 2008 does not count
Fantastic brew. My new favorite. Growlers from the source are the best. So fresh, sweet and buttery. My new favorite.

missyk (1) - USA - APR 26, 2010 does not count
Just when i think I have found my favorite New Belgium brew. They put a new one on the shelf. This by far is favorite!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
top68j (1) - , Tennessee, USA - AUG 3, 2008 does not count
After spending five years in Germany, I had tried many types of beer, My favorite was Hefe Weisen. This is very close to the taste of my favorite beer. If I was a Bud fan. I probably wouldn’t like it. But I really do like this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
wildbillvms (41) - , Illinois, USA - OCT 20, 2008
This is a pretty good American Wheat Beer a little pricey but worth it ! I tried this in the Folly Pack... The beer i didn’t like was the 1554 Black Ale... But it wasn’t {That Bad }

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kevinkarpiak (18) - Massachusetts, USA - JUN 29, 2010
I love love LOVE this beer after a warm sunny day. Be sure to pour it per the bottle’s instructions, and you’ll get a smooth, frothy fragrant wit (no lemon required)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JUN 25, 2009
One of the best belgian whites I have had. Better than hoegarden. Pours a cloudy yellow with a quickly dissipating white head. Had the traditional belgian coriander and orange peel smell and taste. Damn good. Everyone in my area is going crazy over Fat Tire but this beer kicks the hell out of Fat Tire.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adnielsen (9013) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 9, 2010
UPDATED: APR 14, 2012 On tap at the Sports Exchange in Foco. Very hazy, light teller appearance with a pearl white head. Lots of orange peel, light lemon, coriander, light wheat malts in the nose. Very light drinking, smooth witbier with lots of coriander and orange peel. Citrusy, spicy aftertaste. Awesome witbier. My favorite session beer. Fuck you, NB, for discontinuing this masterpiece.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - JUL 9, 2009
Very pale yellow and cloudy...Small white head...Fruity and spicy aroma...Slightly fruity flavor with a hint of orange and coriander...Crisp carbonation...Orange flavor lingers in the finish...Very drinkable...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jgkoch (2) - , Minnesota, USA - OCT 31, 2009 does not count
Started out as a connoisseur of cheap U.S. lagers. Many of them are pretty bad, I’ll admit. Making my way to imports and craft brews. Don’t have the money to buy imported crafts, so my experience remains mostly limited to U.S. beers. So far, this is my favorite beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bpreo (1547) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUN 7, 2010
A wonderful spicy flavor, with a nice bacterial taste of heavy yeast. Easily the best New Belgium brew I have so far enjoyed. Extra points for the new logo.