overall

RATINGS: 1558   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Are you a hopinista? Thank our Beer Rangers for inspiring (and begging for) this well-balanced Simcoe, Cascade and Chinook hopped IPA. 70 IBUs

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
delnoche (479) - Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA - JAN 15, 2011
12fl oz bottle poured into a frozen pint shaker. Golden amber with three fingers creamy white head. Aroma is strong floral hops. Flavor is the same. Medium lasting hop finish. Pretty good but not a standout. A typical American IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Naka (717) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 12, 2011
Pours golden with big lacy foam head. Aroma is citrus, butterscotch, and apricot. Flavor is a dry bitter with some honey. The hop note is kind of resiny. Not much sweetness to balance and the bitterness builds the more you drink. Finishes very bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
rwilcox42 (17) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2011
First I will say that I am not a fan of IPAs. I am not sure what is, as I want to like them. Each new brewer I try, I drink their IPA to see if my palate has grown or if I found the one. Ranger comes close for me. I tried to rate this brew fairly as I know I’m not a fan of the style. It poured golden and looked light and bubbly with a decent white head. The head smelt of a piney grassyness spice with a hoppy floral presence as well. I was shocked after my first drink as I felt it to be the easiest IPA to drink that I have tried. I would say its mellow and not aggresaivly hoppy. Light on the tounge through the finish yet that familiar bitter remains and is more present in aftertaste. All in all I will enjoy finish the 6 pack and would drink this IPA again. Not my favorite brew, buy so far my fave IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Zeswaft (1483) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - DEC 31, 2010
Kind of disappointing aroma in that it doesn’t much exist. Pretty good citrus and pine hoppiness. Well balanced. Widely available, and usually at a pretty good price. ~$7.99/sixer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
phobos1031 (87) - Paradise, Nevada, USA - DEC 29, 2010
12oz bottle Pours golden-amber with a big frothy white head and weak lacing. Aroma has slight Mendocino bud stank. fruity and citrusy with a hint of apricot. most very floral. bitter in the front, fruity then to malt. Finish is bittersweet and fairly long. i like that it’s not overly mulling spiced out like so many IPAs

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
caralkaline87 (435) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 27, 2010
Pours golden-amber with a quick white head and weak lacing. Nose is more syrupy than most IPAs but is full of apple, maple, and the usual potent floral hops. Flavor is very bitter on the front, balancing back out some on the backside with a fruity and surprisingly bready malt. Finish is bittersweet and fairly long. I appreciate this being a little different than the standard IPA but it’s not all that great either.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
adnielsen (10138) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - DEC 25, 2010
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2012 Tasted in a bottle in Vail, Colorado. Yellow burnt orange body with an off white head. Piney hoppy aroma. Piney/bushy hoppy flavor with a bit of citrus. Bitter taste and bitter hoppy finish. Update: this sucks.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
KimJohansen (10396) - Frederiksberg C, DENMARK - DEC 21, 2010
Clear golden with a medium off white head. Hoppy nose with pine, grapefruits and peach. Flavor was dry with pine, grapefruit and plenty of hops. Finished dry and bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Severian (42) - Saint Charles, Missouri, USA - DEC 14, 2010
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2011 Bottle. Pours copper/golden with white head. Smell is pine, grass, fruits. Taste is much of the same -pine, grass, a bit of fruit. Not balanced enough IMO. Bitter, dry finish. All hops and nothing else to balance it. I love a hoppy beer, but I just don’t dig this. Moderate carbonation. Surprisingly refreshing, a summer brew for sure, but it lacks balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rbrazell (1698) - Florida, USA - DEC 12, 2010
Pours clear gold with a small white head. Nose is floral, citrus and some toasted malt. Crisp citrus hop flavor and very refreshing.