Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 709   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Travlr (17657) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 6, 2011
Holy cow, this one is amazing. Bottle at Meridian Pint, courtesy of Whitney, thank you maíam! The aroma was like having a dozen warm apple turnovers shoved up your nose at the same time - but in a god way. The taste is equally shocking, not too sweet, not too sour. Tons of fruits plus all the stuff that goes in those apple turnovers, like raisins, very very light and subtle cinnamon, and that gooey stuff that ends up in between all the little chunks of apple. Iíll say it again. Amazing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
stevencon (517) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - JUL 2, 2012
12oz bottle from a trade with Atom: Clear orange copper color with a nice fluffy head. Aromas of tart apples and caramel, some breadyness, kind of reminds me of apple pie. I started to get the aroma as soon as I poured it. Taste of sweet caramel malts with a tart apple fruityness. The taste is very natural and not artificial. Dry finish. Great full mouth feel without being heavy I could drink a lot of the beer and still enjoy. I hope to get more someday.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
starewich (169) - - NOV 25, 2013
The apple flavor is perfect, not too sweet or too tart, and doesnít overwhelm the crackery beer base. Itís not an equal partnership but itís closer than most and certainly coudnít be mistaken for simple cider. The low ABV is making me seriously consider drinking a zillion of these. Yum yum yum yum. Wisconsin!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ads135 (3690) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 1, 2015
New Glarus is the king of fruit beers and this is no different. The apples define the beer, but its not a cider. Bready base soaks through and the sweetness is understated.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Frozer (233) - Illinois, USA - JUL 15, 2015
Poured into a pint. Copper apple juice like color. Same aroma, fresh pressed apples. Perfect apple flavor. Not too much like a beer and not too much like and overly sweet cider. Low carbonation fits the bill.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
davesarman (159) - Waconia, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Back in '99, we served this instead of champagne at our wedding. I miss this beer! I wish they would not have stopped making it! I've tried several times to try and replicate as a homebrew, but alas, have not come close.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
badbeer (434) - Iowa, USA - JUL 5, 2008
Poured a dark golden amber color with a nice white head that retained quite well. Smell is like smelling a crisp apple. Nice and tart, perhaps like smelling apple juice with slightly overripe apples; almost like stepping into an apple orchard. Taste is like biting into a mixture of different apples and moves into the taste of the apple skins, without the astringent tastes of actually biting apple skins. Light-medium carbonation, lighter side of medium bodied with a crisp, dry finish. Excellent drinkability, I’d be drinking plenty of this if it were still produced. This bottle was three years old and still held up remarkabley well, I can only imagine it was more powerful when it was fresh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
KenoTy (1) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 28, 2012 does not count
The Apple Ale is one of my ALL TIME favorites from New Glarus. The golden hue and distinct apple flavor wins me over every time! Last year (2011) was very sweet. This year is less sweet, even more tart than previous versions, but still rated very high for me on the taste scale. 9 out of 10 for 2012.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DietPepsican (1560) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - MAR 5, 2013
Probably the sixth time Iíve rated this beer, yet it keeps getting deleted. Whatever. Gold pour with a small white head. Champagne like carbonation in some batches, a bit lower in others. Very juicy apple flavor and aroma. The latest batch I picked up had a slight tartness to it, much more muted apple, and really just brings me back to the first batch I had. Some spices like nutmeg and cinnamon can be found, as well as a nice caramel back bone. Very enjoyable and probably my favorite New Glarus beer Iíve ever had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
basaywhat (80) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Bottle. Pours slightly cloud orange-amber with tiny white head that quickly disappears. Nose is freshly peeled apple and apple skins. Light hints of cinnamon. Taste is akin to apple cider, some cinnamon. Champagne like carbonation. Slightly tart. Really tasty. Wow this stuff is delicious!