Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 709   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
IndianaRed (3120) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 12, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2004 Bottle Pours a rather dark amber with very little off-white head that dissipated quickly to a thin white ring. Spotty lacing. Aroma is a nice woody cider note. Flavor is much sweeter than I expected or even hoped. At first, seemed more like apple juice than beer. Like a Jolly Rancher but not as sour or tart which I would have appreciated. As far a s fruit ber, it dow\es not hold a candle to the Red or Tart that NG offers. Tasty and sweet. My wife loves it. I guess that says it. ABV is maybe .5% ? As I continue to sip this, it starts to take on a cough drop mediciny hint. Thanks to MrFacto again for another NG offering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Dusty copper. Nose very apple-esque (big surprise and all), sweet and malty. Flavor tastes like unflitered apple cider, very little beery quality at all. Reminded me of the wassaiil mom used to make around Christmas every year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 27, 2005
a murky brown color w/ a thin white head and lots of carb bubbles on the glass head dissapates quickly. scent of spiced apple pie and sweet kiddie apple juice, a very sweet aroma. THe palate is clean medium bodied, but nothing amazinly special. Flavor was a sweet apple and cinnamon taste.. but not over the top sweet as I expected. Overall a good fruity beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - FEB 28, 2005
Apple aroma and cidery in the flavour. Not a cider yet very appely for a beer. New Glarus never ceases to amaze me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beeryum (652) - Norcross, Georgia, USA - MAR 10, 2005
Pours a medium copper color, and the aroma is strong sweet apples. This beer presents a strong apple taste, with some very light malt hints when the beer is not cold, as well as pear hints too. Not a bad beer, but a bit too sweet for my taste. Thanks to eyedrinkale for the bottle!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NVBeer232 (467) - Reno, Nevada, USA - APR 3, 2005
(Thanks to Garin Wright of the Buckeye Brewing Co. for sharing this at the Cleveland Local Gathering Feb 05) What a nice fruit beer! Great aroma of fresh apple juice. Has elements of both sweet and sour apple. Slick body, with the apple being upfront and a little bit of malt peeking through. Finishes on the tart side, making this very easy to drink. Would make a great summer/dessert beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3488) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 26, 2005
Pours a dark copper color with a ring of white lace. Good aroma of apples and bananas. Good flavor of apples, bananas, malt and barley sugar.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
agl108 (939) - Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 29, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2005 Thanks to lamas (via StewardofGondor) for the bottle. 12 oz. bottle. Pours a nice copper tone; looks like apple juice. Head fizzles away very quickly leaving a tiny ring of white lace. Aroma isnít overpowering, but there is a nice apple scent and even a touch of cinnamon. Very sweet and finishes tart. Leaves a nice apple aftertaste. I canít imagine a better tasting apple beer, but the fact that Iím not in love with this beer makes me think that apples and beer donít mix.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
brentfeesh (1208) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2005
Sadly, my wife seems to have thrown the notes I took on this on away. So I will go from memory. As I recall it poured a hazy copper-onion skin color with minimal head. The aroma I recall sprang to mind walking into an apple barn in the fall. Musty fruit, wood, etc. The flavor was 100% apple. Sure there were some other flavors in there, but all focused on enhancing the apple (like cinnamon spice). Generally crisp and refreshing but with out a doubt, apple. Really, the fact that this was a brown ale base was surprising, as I never would have even guessed this was beer. Some strange hybrid between cider, apple juice and ?? At any rate, I did find this enjoyable (though a bit sweet for me) and am glad I picked up a bottle. Bonus points for originality.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
theisti (3584) - Kansas, USA - NOV 19, 2008
12 oz bottle shared by John. Pour is the color of cider, orange golden, cloudy, then turned pretty clear, with a smallish white head. Aroma of sweet apples, again, very much cider. Taste is the apples, sweet, cidery. Well made, but pretty much all about apples. Thanks John