New Glarus Dans Best Bitter

(RETIRED)

Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   ABV: -
An English pint shared with good friends was the inspiration for our cask conditioned Best Bitter. Dan flew in yeast from England and chose premium British Maris Otter Pale Malt to be balance the classic English Golding Hops from East Kent. You can expect to pour a lightly carbonated glass of rich amber ale, slightly cloudy and soft on the pallet with a pronounced dry hopped finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 15, 2010
Knew I would find my notes on this one, albeit it does look like an early rating. Dark golden color with a thick, small off-white head. Quite like the few bitters I know. Some minerals, and floral hops. Im not sold on the Maris Otter. Some floor flavors. Still a change of pace.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GermanBrews76 (678) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - FEB 4, 2004
slightly hazy, dark straw body. small white head. Tart, dry and hoppy. fruity, namely apples. relatively alcoholic, slick. fresh hop finish, a little grassy and fresh hop character. appley and resinous. Too well dry hopped for me. greamy and smooth. feels nice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - FEB 4, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2003 New Glarus is legit. Good job dan, the use of imported hops really makes this a class act bitter brew. I've never been to england to enjoy a brew, but if its anything like this one then I want one. I didn't even get this one off of the cask or off the tap.