overall

RATINGS: 291   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
This “Nobel-Pilsner” is the creation of our brewmaster. He brought special yeast from Bavaria, combined it with Wisconsin barley and the finest Bavarian and American hops. Then employing traditional brewing methods, this Pilsner is finished with a long cold rest in our cellars. Expect this bier to be creamy and full-bodied with a smooth finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 19, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 GABF 2003: Clear yellow color with a small head. No aroma, I mean none. I'm sure why a beer with no aroma gets a 4, but I'm sure that I knew what I was doing. Watery mouthfeel, almost nonexistent ending. Yikes!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Hard to get appropriate sample whilst at GABF, but I will say that I camped out at booth until I had sampled almost an entire bottle - one to two ounces at a time. So I will say that this is likely unfair to the beer. Initially over carbonated than almost flat. Hmm? Much softer in the hopping - more German than Czech? Not bad and enticing enough to make me want to get my hands on a good bottle all for myself instead of having to beg for another ounce.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - OCT 1, 2003
I see now what you guys mean about New Glarus. Very tasty brews. Edel-Pils isn't as sweet as Norski but its also very good. A tad bit more bitter but not much. Very Drinkable. Could have parleyed this trip getting Belgium Red too but a waivered. Wish I hadn't.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 29, 2003
Not alot of head... good malt flavour. Not overly carbonated. Nice and smooth. Quite enjoyable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Crit (3359) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 26, 2003
Gold with white head.No aroma. Rather sweet with good body. Hops are barely noticeable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUL 4, 2003
Good balanced nose with lots of hops and malt. Very hoppy flavor, finishing rather sweet: a bit silent through the middle. I wouldn't say the malt really comes out except to lend this major sweetness. However flawed, I love this and could drink gallons. Thanks LiebeBier.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
argo0 (11568) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 2, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2008 (8/17/08, 12oz bottle, thanks kmweaver) Clear apple juice body with small white head. Aroma is moderately sweet, bubblegum, some bread, peach. Taste is medium sweet, lemon, some straw/grass, bread. Light-medium body. (7/3/6/3/12)

(7/2/03, bottle) Clear light golden with small off-white head. Aroma is grassy. Taste is grassy bitter, with a nice clean light-medium body. (6/3/7/4/14)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUN 24, 2003
Color is a clear yellow with a golden hue, thin white foamy head with some spotty clear lacing. Smells of musty grasses and dullish sweet, very nice and fresh. Taste is clean and smooth, slightly sweetish and bitter, balanced very well and easy. Most of the taste is located at the top of the mouth with a strange emptyness going down, but isn't bad, just unusually holding. Feel is pretty full for a pilsner, its favorably medium bodied and has a textured roughness in the last parts and the finish that lends to a grainyness, kinda gritty, quite interesting, but felt wrong for the style for me. It's still very drinkable and wouldn't pass it up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUN 23, 2003
Malty, honey aroma. Excellent malt and hop flavor. Very crisp finish with only the slightest bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
herbjones (742) - Orange, California, USA - JUN 14, 2003
Gold colored brew with a lasting white head. Sweet malty nose but I'm not picking up a lot of hops. Light to medium body with a perfect hint of malty sweetness. A damn good summer time drink. Thanks to maxpower for this one. I wish I could get it locally as this could well be my summer time staple.