overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 61   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23   SEASONAL: Summer   ABV: -
Wisconsin and European barleys are joined together to create the heart of this intensely malty bier. Norski Honey Bock is accented with fresh clover honey harvested just over the hill from our little brewery. Expect this bier to pour the deepest golden blonde body, crowned with incredible creamy foam. The subtle bouquet is reminiscent of the Old World Hallertau and Saaz Hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
davesarman (159) - Waconia, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Stunningly malty and pale in color. One of the best blonde bocks I've ever had. Between New Glarus and Capital, it's a horserace!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - OCT 1, 2003
This is a very good Beer. This is a very nice surprise. Wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I grabbed this. Glad I grabbed it. If it was sold in my town I would regularly stock it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ElGaucho (2211) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - DEC 29, 2002
Light bitterness in the nose. Aesthetics are top notch: huge, creamy, white head that is mostly lasting. Excellent lacing. Body sparkles like champagne. Picked up a hint of pistachio in the intial taste. Very tasty; good overall brew. Could serve as a more than adequate session brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - JUN 22, 2004
Bottle form Kevin42. Great straw/gold pour with a one finger head that fades into a bubble film. Nose is very hoppy with alcohol hints. Mouthfeel is thick and it coats the tounge well. Taste notes are hops, bitter honey, and straw. The finish is quite pleasant, as it is sweet and smooth. This is not the best New Glarus brew that I have had, but it is very good. Overall it is a very satisfying beer and I would recommend it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
legion242 (2201) - Richardson, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2002
Golden blonde; creamy, medium head; mild, mild saaz and honey in the nose. Wonderful body right away- honey is used to good effect. Not too sweet but just the essence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2004
Sparkling golden body with very lively tiny bubbles that lend a hand to the pleasing rocky white head. The aroma is sweet malt and some aromatic hops. I might smell honey but maybe it is just because I read the label first. Anyhow, the flavor is a nice mellow maltiness followed by a generous helping of noble hops. All combine to produce a very delicate and very nice brew. The palate is medium, bigger than expected, and generally quite crisp. Another fine offering from the fine folks at New Glarus. Thanks JCapriotti for the surprise!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevin (2085) - New Mexico, USA - JUN 20, 2004
bottle. pours a very pretty gold color with a thin white head. strong nose that is sweet, probably the honey. spicy flavor, good hop taste. this would go well with some spicy jambalaya, or other flavorful food. finish is much more mellow. there is a sweet undertone to this beer that is nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
jdog76 (85) - madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 25, 2004
This was a nice summer beer with head that disolved almost instantly. Nice sweet honey taste that is not overbearing. I could easily drink six of these on my back porch in the summer without even realizing it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tennisjoel (1176) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - JUL 4, 2006
Once poured the head quickly disappears. Strong sweet honey aroma. I have yet to taste a honey beer that has blown me away. Taste is sweet honey and almost wine-ish qualities. Very good for this style. I haven’t tasted one like this before. Extremely refreshing and very well done session style beer. Nice present from a friend who’s father in law got it for him and he shared with me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerguy101 (5287) - Newark, California, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Medium gold color. Largish foamy head. Aroma is slightly floral. A medium bodied beer. Mild malts are sweet. Honey flavor prevalent. Hops are very mild. Very smooth and slightly sweet. Nice tasting beer. I would never have guessed that this is a bock. I like it, but it sure doesn’t taste like most bocks I’ve had. Mouthfeel is thick and round. Finish is clean and very smooth. Aftertaste is slightly sweet