overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1143   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
The voluminous raspberry bouquet will greet you long before your lips touch your glass. Serve this Wisconsin framboise very cold in a champagne flute. Then hold your glass to a light and enjoy the jewel-like sparkle of a very special ale. Oregon proudly shares their harvest of mouth-watering berries, which we ferment spontaneously in large oak vats. Then we employ Wisconsin farmed wheat and year old Hallertau hops to round out this extravaganza of flavor.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DocLock (7502) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 1, 2004
Thank you to Nexxus for this one. Iíve been wanting to try this beer for ages, and I was not disappointed. As I opened it, my brother (who was sitting 10 yards away) said "Wow, I smell that already." The color was a deep reddish merlot color, with an awesome pink head. Huge raspberry aroma permeated every olfactory pore. I also noticed slight malt and hops in the aroma. The taste was incredible, with tons of raspberry goodness, in addition to some malt and hops. The finish was very tart and very smooth. Part of me feels bad rating a fruit beer this high, but I defy anyone to deny the absolute incredible taste, aroma, mouthfeel, and overall presence of this beer. Just incredible.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kevin (2037) - Colorado, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Thank you to the guys on this site that recommended i pick this up when i was in Wi. This is not the sort of beer i usually go for but i enjoyed it. beautiful deep red color with thick pinkish red head, enjoyable strong berry aroma. i expected it to be overly sweet but it is well balanced between the tart and sweetness. this might be the best breakfast beer made. very refreshing taste that keaves an enjoyable sweet taste on the tongue. i will definitely have my friends up north bring more down for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AlabastorJones (800) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 27, 2004
Intense raspberry aroma, purple/red hue with fluffy magenta head, insanely carbonated, the flavor is of sweet raspberry extract with an alcohol bite, the carbonation/alcohol attacks my tongue on the finish, wow this is good, I was surprised by the low alcohol level though, thuper dank either way, I actually liked this more than the belgian red.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
tomxcs (320) - Berkeley, California, USA - MAY 22, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2005 If given the choice between this and the Belgian Red, Iíd choose this. The flavor is much more fruity than sweet (although, after the initial tartness, quite sweet) and with a much better aroma. An excellent fruit beer. The key, as with the Belgian Red, is that the base beer is good on its own.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAY 21, 2004
This pours nice and syrupy into the glass with a small pinkish purple head. Aroma is full of fruit and flowers. The appearance in the glass is almost a beaujolais, very nice. The taste is very tart for a moment and then sweet, with some buttered popcorn, and mustard seed, almost like biting into a McDonalds cheeseburger, call me weird but I got mustard out of this. Not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JagerQueen (123) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - MAY 21, 2004
Pours a deep red jewel type color, is this a fruit beer or a lambic? Hmmm....Very strong, musky raspberry aroma, a little cloying to the nose. Incredibly drinkable, like an over the top raspberry smoothy. Tart and sweet and oh, so tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - MAY 20, 2004
This is the best fruit beer Iíve had yet. Pours a nice blood red color with a very enticing reddish head. This brew left some excellent and beautiful lacing. The aroma is like a cobbler served on a hot summerís day. Raspberry sweetness balanced perfectly with a tartness that excites the tastebuds. In middle school, they used to serve these little pies that had raspberry filling that was kinda like this. I didnít know that fruit beers could be this good. Good full body that finishes dry and clean.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - MAY 17, 2004
poured an opaque plum color with a salmon head that disipated quickly. By far one of my least favorite beers of all time. tasted more like a raspberry syrup I would put on a waffle than a beer. Ironic that all the malternatives got booed off of this site while this berry beer is lauded as one of the best. a rose by any other name...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 16, 2004
This brew pours with a dark maroon body topped by a thick, pink head with lots of lacing. It looks sort of like a red wine, except it has a large foamy head. The aroma is sweet yet tart and full of raspberry notes with a slight maltiness and a little woodiness. It reminds me of a raspberry pie or tart. The flavor is sweet and full of raspberry, yet tart with a slight maltiness and a touch of wood. Medium to full bodied, syrupy yet dry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
skaughty (643) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 16, 2004
I needed something refreshing to soothe the palate, after the shock that is Stoneís Ruination. This dark bburgundy beauty more than delivered. She poured with a vanishing pink head. Upon the first sip, I knew she was the one...she drew me in with her sweetness...toyed with we in touches of sour...held on to me with her strong oak grip...then let me down softly with a gentle finish. What is her ring size?