overall

RATINGS: 1048   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ewesner (2) - Evanston, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2005 does not count
An easy drinking everyday beer. One of the things I make sure I "import" on my way back to Chicago every time! Smooth flavor that doesn’t linger with a cloudy appearance. A good thirst quencher.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
dhlesq (233) - Thousand Oaks, California, USA - NOV 24, 2005
Aroma of grain, corn, light hops, some citrus. Appears a hazy yellow little effervescence and no head. Flavor is flat, crisp, corny. Palate is thin, watery, flat. Overall, this beer is reminscent of Sapporo and it is equal to the sum of its parts. Not their best brew by any means, but if the goal was to brew something that non-beer geeks can drink, then this is a success for the brewery. My thanks to joeybgood for this interesting brew.

karl1707 (1) - Johnsburg, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2005 does not count
Spotted Cow just seems to go with everything, it goes down smooth and crisp.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheEnemy (562) - Chicago, USA - NOV 20, 2005
12oz bottle.
Interesting little brew. Adjunct-y aroma with some fruity tones pleasant sour-grass as well. Hazy appearance with thin head that almost nearly vanishes within seconds. Some adjunct in the flavor but mostly a pleasant grassy sour flavor like a farmhouse ale with a thinner body; also a touch of sour apple. Light hop bitterness. Slightly thin but not quite watery palate. Not a particularly inspiring or complex beer but it makes an excellent off-the-beaten-path summer thirst quencher. Mow the lawn, wash the car, have a Spotted Cow -- sounds like the perfect Saturday afternoon in July. <P>[ LATER: I now notice that at least 2 other reviewers made the "mow the lawn" connection -- looks like we’re on to something. ]

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 19, 2005
I was totally impressed with this beer. I had it at a restaurant in Wisconsin. It is very clean and crisp with a smooth finish. I really like this beer and am looking forward to trying more New Glarus brews.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kramer (5256) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 14, 2005
12 oz bottle, via trade w/ 1FastSTi. Pours a hazy yellow with a small thin white head. Lots of carbonation rising. Aroma of light floral hops and a faint scent of malt. Biscuity malt flavor with a balanced hop bitterness. Lighter bodied with a fizzy mouthfeel. A very nice easy drinking lawnmowing beer. About what you would expect from a cream ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
artfink (28) - I’m everywhere Fokker!, Florida, USA - NOV 14, 2005
an enjoyable brew. nice head at first but slowly went south. nice full and balanced flavors. a little honey?....maybe?...oh well. overall not bad but nothing to rush out and search high and low. I picked up a six of this plus others at Mars Cheese Castle outside milwaukee. nice bar in there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Indra (2682) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - NOV 11, 2005
12oz. bottle, fresh from WI. Very mild aroma, some light, grainy malts and even lighter citric fruitiness with a touch of yeast in the nose. Light-medium golden yellow color, hazy, vast majority of sediment left in the bottle, possessing a thin, white head. Flavor is malty, dry and bitter to start, sweetening up just a little throughout before the somewhat vegetative, tangy and watery finish. Thin and well-carbonated palate coupled with a light body. I wish I liked this more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
barleyPops (1141) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2005
12 oz. bottle. nothing to write home about here. Hazy pale yellow in color with a very fast fading head. I suppose it would make for a decent lawnmower beer on a hot summer day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
delmecum (87) - Western Illinois, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2005
Yeasty aroma. I didn’t like the sample at the brewery so I only got a 6 pack-should have bought a case. I like this...goes good with a Sunday afternoon football game.