overall

RATINGS: 1019   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - MAY 31, 2003
Nice head that dissipated quickly.Nice fruity aroma,a little bit of everything apple,pear possibly some citrus.and there might be that hint of corn but for my untrained nose it hard to say if it's there.the flavor was much the same as above but more of a sweet/sour taste with a mild hoppiness to it as well.This is a hard brew to describe.what you think your going to get via the aroma and the look of the brew are not the same as the flavor.still it's not a bad brew just different.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
notalush (4959) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 30, 2003
[draught] This beer is a hearty helping of boring, with a great big side of ho-hum. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. Is it a lager? A pilsner? A witbier? I can't tell, but it certainly isn't creamy either. There is a hint of lemon and a mild sweetness, but I could get the same flavor by adding a lightly sugared lemon wedge to a glass of water. As far as this beers relation to cows goes, I would be more inclined to associated it with an excretion that can't be made into cream.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 29, 2003
A very light colored, light bodied beer with a mild flavor of honey. This reminded me a little like Magic Hat Hocus Pocus. Pale yellow body, rich head - I had this beer on tap. This is totally a summer beer, but I don't think I'd call it a cream ale, as it wasn't really creamy at all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrnkMcDermott (2821) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2005 Bottled. This is described on the label as a "Wisconsin farmhouse ale," and indeed it seems more like a French than a cream ale. Nice looking head dissipates quickly, leaving a hazy, strawlike body. I get nice effervescence and a grapefruitty, almost sour taste. They get some props for not only admitting to using corn, but giving a reason. Corn seems to be the source of the sweetness more than the malt. Hop finish is there, but not distracting. A very pleasant experience.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BBB63 (6122) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - MAY 17, 2003
Cloudy yellow with very little head. Apple, pear, spices, hops; and yes, corn can be detected in the light aroma. The taste surprised me with it's complex nature. Sweet and sour fruit, and just the right amount of hops balanced the yeast, made this enjoyable. But classified as a cream ale? A hefecorn?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
flemdawg (532) - Naples, Florida, USA - APR 27, 2003
The best thing about this beer was the way it looked. Nice and cloudy and a decent color. Aroma was not there, and the taste could have been better. But considering the other choice at the bar that night was miller lite, this one did quite well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - APR 13, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2003 Re-Rate: I had this on draft and it was outstanding. Bavarian type Weiss with excellent flavor, look and aroma. Bottle - I certainly didn't expect much from this beer after I read the description on the bottle - "we give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn." However, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very refreshing with a slight sweet and citrus flavor. No aroma at all - but I would rather have no aroma than smell corn! Their was yeast in the bottle that poured into the glass making it more cloudy. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again, but it was fun to try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - MAR 9, 2003
A slightly hazy light lemon yellow color as it sets in the glass; head is modest in size, frothy in texture and as it evanesces, leaves behind a silky sheet of lace. Sweet malt dominates the nose, fresh and clean to the senses with the start sweet and loaded with malt. Top is medium in mouth feel, finish has a light carbonation and the hops apropos to the style, nicely dry and drinkable, but a bit light overall.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - MAR 8, 2003
Very light taste and aroma, would be a great session beer for the summertime. I expected more flavor though, considering the description.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Slightly hazy light yellow with a medium head. Citrus malt aroma. This is a lot like their Blonde without the hop dryness. Slight lemon taste.