overall

RATINGS: 1006   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 23, 2002
Why so low, folks? This is dandy stuff. I agree with Glazemonster’s review. Update: my partner is not much of a beer enthusiast, but he *loves* Spotted Cow. Try it on your non-beer-loving friends!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fraternie (819) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 21, 2002
Seems to me to be more like a watered down pale ale than a cream ale...not a creamy body whatsoever, very bland and finishes thin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
heykevin (1276) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - SEP 6, 2002
A half hearted attempt in my opinion. Thin and light with not much going on in either the hop or malt departments. Definitely one of New Glarus’ weakest offerings.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 1, 2002
To quote The Onion - "Beer, it kicks Ass"

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - AUG 27, 2002
I definitely like the cow jumping over the state of Wisconsin. This may be the best thing it has going for it though. Now I don’t mean to be all harsh towards the beer but it isn’t that great. I will admit I find myself ordering it quite a bit at the bars in Wisconsin though. It is definitely not my first choice but what are you gonna do when your only other options are miller, bud and coors on tap?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drywallman (329) - Lake in the Hills, Illinois, USA - AUG 26, 2002
Light disappearing head with little lasting lacing. It has a rounded taste due to the corn, which you can partially smell. No real hops to notice. Something that goes down a little too easily.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
duece (103) - Waterford, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2003 Strong yeasty beers are not my favorite but this was enjoyable as the yeast is present but not bruttish, adding a pleasent fruitty aroma and taste. Head was a bit thin and lacing was nearly non-existant.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dhurtubise (568) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2002
Poor choice of yeast for this beer. Very light bodied, yeast bodies are a distraction from the thin taste. For the style, not enough hops to hold any interest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2002
This beer poured a very light yellow color and formed a very nice white head that left some nice lace as it subsided. A good bit of carbonation. The aroma was lightly of citrus and malt, with a hint of hops. The flavor was of citrus and a slight bit of malt and hops. The finish was light and a touch bitter with some elements of the carbonation coming into play. While not the best representation of this style, it makes a good summer session brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DavefromChicago (201) - Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2002
On tap. Nice lighter brew. Kinda reminded me of a weiss - fine carbonation, cloudy, golden sweet-tart fruity quality. I nice session drink for a warm day and good with the BBQ shrimp which accompanied it. Clean finish.