overall

RATINGS: 1023   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

groski81's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
groski81 (3) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 14, 2005
Very good beer by New Glarus, Living in Wisconsin I have tried alot of their brews and to me this is one of the best. I prefer it over some of their others.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
EyeAmBaldman (318) - Illinois, USA - DEC 26, 2014
Pours honey gold with a thick white head. Aroma is bananas and barley. Mild carbonation on the tongue with a hefeweisen taste. Backend dissipates quickly. Nice beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jsquire (3565) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - DEC 13, 2014
Pale gold color out of the bottle with a sticky white head. Nose of light malt and lemon cookies. This is an easy drinking beer with some biscuit flavors and some corn sweetness. A hint of lemon in the finish. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jottis140 (10) - - DEC 13, 2014
Pours a light straw, with an off white head.. the aroma is nobel hops clean, flavor light malt and light nobel hops... SOLID.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Mainuh_man (243) - NETHERLANDS - NOV 28, 2014
12 Oz bottle. Pours hazy pale with a white head. Aromas of cereal grain and orange. Mild sweet with flavors of cereal grain and some yeasty, chalky bitterness. Light body with a thin mouthfeel. Overall, refreshing, but unidimensional and not much going on across the board.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sitzds (318) - - NOV 15, 2014
12oz bottle (also sampled on draft at the airport) poured into shaker pint. Yellow and slightly cloudy body with a rocky white head. Retention is good and there’s some lacing. Aroma is of crackers, grainy malt, corn, a little lager-y fruit, and a hint of grassy hops.Taste is sweet malt, corn, and fruit with a little grassy bitterness on the finish. Medium-light body, creamy texture, average-plus carbonation, abrupt sweet finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hotstuff (4285) - Indiana, USA - NOV 15, 2014
Rated on 01-19-2013 (Bottle) The appearance is a medium sized white head that mostly diminishes, slightly hazy pale yellow body, very fizzy carbonation, and spotty amounts of lacing. The aroma is fruity, hops, malt, and some corn. The flavor is fruity, sweet, malt, and has a semi-dry finish. The mouthfeel is light carbonation, watery and thin. This beer is light bodied This beer has a very light, thin flavor. It is a session beer.

GBRulz (5) - South Carolina, USA - NOV 10, 2014 does not count
Great beer from New Glarus. Creamy and not bitter. Wish it were a tad lighter for my personal preference. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
delnoche (459) - Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA - NOV 8, 2014
12fl oz bottle poured into a shaker. Golden with a small white cap. Aroma is grain and light citrus. The citrus notes definitely carry over to the flavor. Light and spritzy palate. Easy drinker. Great session brew. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BrewMstr (103) - Pleasant View, Utah, USA - NOV 7, 2014
Nice farmhouse ale, fruit and spice notes with a slight sour finish. Hazy gold color, slight white head. Decent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kenter2000 (48) - , Wisconsin, USA - NOV 6, 2014
I suspected nothing as I sipped my beer. It appeared like a normal evening and I admit I was more concerned with the television and the taste of my beer (still not sure why I bought a 6 pack of New Glarus). And though she sat nervously in the corner pink reading chair I noticed nothing. Too caught up in an episode of the Gilmour Girls. It was her show in the beginning but now I was the one deeply interested in Rory’s life. Will she choose Harvard or what? Then finally, my wife spoke, "Bernard." I looked and noticed sweat pouring down her head. "Is it time, my love?" "I am afraid so," she responded. She was breathing deeply now. I led her to the kitchen table and cleared it off. She lay down at the table and waited. It would not be long now. Her nose, now noticeably longer, her fingernails too, inches in length. She was making gurgling noises and green ooze began to seep out of her eyeballs. She opened her jaw so wide that it eventually broke and rested limp on her neck. Smoke began spraying out of her gullet. I remembered this from last time and went and got my breathing mask. Her toes were becoming bright gold and her knee caps blue with pink dots. Her chest then split open and long thin spidery legs started pouring out. Her body began to deflate and out of the chest wound the little lanky creatures scuttled onto the floor. I grabbed a jar from the pantry and a hammer from the bathroom. My task was simple, I had to capture one of them and kill the rest. Otherwise my wife would multiply and I promised her I would never let that happen. Every year the same thing happened. It was a ritual, simple enough, but I took it seriously. I first captured one in a jar then began smashing. Spat, bang, slam boom! Then, back to Gilmour girls, and this mediocre beer. My wife, once fully rejuvenated, will be pleased.