overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 652   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 20, 2004
I was suprised to find this on tap at Landmark Lanes when I went in there tonight. A very apple ale, not like a woodchuck. Has a bit of a spice taste to it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DavidP (1747) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 16, 2004
Clear red-tinted amber body. Smells like macintosh apple (both sweet flesh and tart skin) along with malt. Very enjoyable flavor - itís about the same as the aroma but instead of just sniffing it you get to drink it. Iím hungry right now, and itís difficult to resist gulping the rest of my glass down in two swallows. It has a simple but captivating flavor, much like Lindemanís Peche.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Terminus (3231) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - OCT 16, 2004
12 oz bottle-This has to be one of the most sought after brews that I have wanted to sample ever. Pours a semi-cloudy amber hue that changes colors from the rim to the inside of the glass. looks like apple cider without all the haze. mild carbonation and very little head. wonderful vineous cherry/apple aroma, fermented berries, sweet and sour. It has that signature NG fruit beer component that i just love. Flavors are not as vineous as the aroma would suggest, but has nice flavors of red apples and slightly woody. Not quite as complex as the other 2 fruit beers, but definately a unique and wonderful experience in itself. Love it! Huge thanks to GrainBeltGuzzler for sending me 3 bottles

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
IndianaRed (2372) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 12, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2004 Bottle Pours a rather dark amber with very little off-white head that dissipated quickly to a thin white ring. Spotty lacing. Aroma is a nice woody cider note. Flavor is much sweeter than I expected or even hoped. At first, seemed more like apple juice than beer. Like a Jolly Rancher but not as sour or tart which I would have appreciated. As far a s fruit ber, it dow\es not hold a candle to the Red or Tart that NG offers. Tasty and sweet. My wife loves it. I guess that says it. ABV is maybe .5% ? As I continue to sip this, it starts to take on a cough drop mediciny hint. Thanks to MrFacto again for another NG offering.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCW (1274) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 12, 2004
Well made in the vein of the rasp and the cherry. Aroma is fruity. duh like apples and sweet. Appearance in that of apple cider, color and in the fact that their is no head. Mouthfeel is slightly bubbly and very similiar in viscousity to apple cider. Sweet fruity finish. Thanks Jason!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - OCT 11, 2004
A nice aroma gives this beer a very solid start, but it goes down hill from there... Color is a beautiful copper shade but I had absolutely no luck getting head from this beer...... the flavor is very apply and sweet. Right away it is kind of pleasent, but it quickly grates on my palate almost to the point of sickening. Another syrupy fruity overrated (in my opinion) beer from New Glarus...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - OCT 11, 2004
Bottle. Dark copper color with medium bodied, fizzy head. Aroma is tart green apples, as is the taste. Nice lively carbonated mouthfeel. Both sweet and tart at the same time. Light malt and clean tasting. A real winner.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2004 Slightly chill hazed orange body, effervescent, dissipating head. Delicate white wine, apple aroma, incredible apple flavor. Velvety mouthfeel with a very fine, natural feeling carbonation. I was actually a little surprised to find no sediment. Lacks the complexity of the Belgian Red, but this is unbelievably delicious stuff and a great pleasure to drink. I will undoubtedly spend the next several apple seasons trying to homebrew this stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2005 Poured dark orange with a white head. Aroma is of sweet and sour candy apple with the apple being really prominent. Taste is VERY sweet. Unbelievable apple taste. Of the ciders I have had this one has the strongest apple character by far. There is a hint of pear in the taste as well. The sweetness and apple really characterize this beer. No hops noticable at all with a wet finish. This is definately a must try. I paid $3 for a 12oz. I just wish you could get decent priced 6 packs of this stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CaptainCougar (7129) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - OCT 9, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 26, 2006 GABF 2004: Clear pale golden with a frothy white head. Sweet and sour candy apple aroma sprinkled with cinnamon. Reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner for some reason. Had a candy-like sweetness and sticky finish, but for some reason, this was not quite what I was looking for, but not all that bad. It just doesnít compare to the flavor and complexity of their two other fruit beers. I will probably come back to this again some time and see if my opinions change.

Re-rate 12/25/06: after sitting in my fridge for over a year, I finally got to re-sampling this beer. Itís much nicer than I remember and pretty close to the other two fruit beers they make, this one just has sweet candied apples in it. I hope to see it re-released again sometime soon!