overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 654   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2005 Poured dark orange with a white head. Aroma is of sweet and sour candy apple with the apple being really prominent. Taste is VERY sweet. Unbelievable apple taste. Of the ciders I have had this one has the strongest apple character by far. There is a hint of pear in the taste as well. The sweetness and apple really characterize this beer. No hops noticable at all with a wet finish. This is definately a must try. I paid $3 for a 12oz. I just wish you could get decent priced 6 packs of this stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CaptainCougar (7131) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - OCT 9, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 26, 2006 GABF 2004: Clear pale golden with a frothy white head. Sweet and sour candy apple aroma sprinkled with cinnamon. Reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner for some reason. Had a candy-like sweetness and sticky finish, but for some reason, this was not quite what I was looking for, but not all that bad. It just doesnít compare to the flavor and complexity of their two other fruit beers. I will probably come back to this again some time and see if my opinions change.

Re-rate 12/25/06: after sitting in my fridge for over a year, I finally got to re-sampling this beer. Itís much nicer than I remember and pretty close to the other two fruit beers they make, this one just has sweet candied apples in it. I hope to see it re-released again sometime soon!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
3fourths (7979) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Light and sweet apple and bread nose, more juice-like than cider-like, thin perhaps. Buttery notes with some slight spicyness. Light body, semi-fizzy with a sweet and wet finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Frank (2832) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2009 Tastes more like apples than any cider Iíve tried. Wonderful! The same color and flavor of good fresh non-alcoholic cider minus the haze. It puts me in a quandry as to how to rate it as I normally like to see a stronger beer character but screw it, I love the stuff. Big and sweet with a full mouthfeel, gentle carbonation and just loads and loads and loads of apple.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 4, 2004
GABF 2004. Crystal clear golden body. Green apple and apple peel aroma. Dry flavor and an interesting spicy quality. This is a very nice integration of apples and beer without being the least bit cidery. Lively palate. A very interesting, highly enjoyable fruit beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - OCT 3, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2006 I was very excited to find this beer, it was by pure luck since i had no idea it was out. pours a reddish brown color with very little head and tons of bubbles rising very much like a champagne. amazing aroma of apples but not too overpowering as well as a bit of the wheat malt. the flavor is exceptional...very much like a carbonated apple cider with spices and a perfect balance of apple sweetness...again not too overpowering, just perfectly balanced. Unlike most fruit beers you could drink a couple of bottles of this stuff...what a great treat it was for a 40 degree fall night here in wisconsin!!!!

tomxcs (321) - Berkeley, California, USA - OCT 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2005 I have been waiting for a long time for this to come out, and as soon as I found out I went out and bought three bottles for myself. I am a big fan of fruit beers done right -- and this is wonderful stuff. Very sparkly but without much of a head. The color is clear apple cider with a hint of red. The aroma is like an apple champagne might be and is subtle but good. Sweet and tart at the same time, with big apple flavors -- but more like eating an apple than drinking a cider. You can tell that this is a beer, not cider, as there are some malt and hop flavors. Although very sweet it is somehow also dry, begging the drinker to take another sip. I canít taste the different apple varieties but there is no doubt that more than one variety is used because the flavor and mouthfeel span such a wide spectrum. Excellent. In my book, better than the Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. My only complaint is that if it were my beer, I would use more tart than sweet juice and make the beer slightly drier, more along the lines of a good dry cider.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mangino (1027) - Mississippi, USA - SEP 19, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2005 Wow, this was great! Pours a dark red beautiful color with smaller white head. Aroma and taste is apples. Very balanced in that you also get a hint of malt and hops in the taste. This is definitely up there with the Belgian and Rasperry!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
davesarman (159) - Waconia, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Back in '99, we served this instead of champagne at our wedding. I miss this beer! I wish they would not have stopped making it! I've tried several times to try and replicate as a homebrew, but alas, have not come close.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kodos (200) - USA - FEB 24, 2003
Pours thick with no head. Deep apple color. Looks, smells and tastes alot like apple cider without the bitter bite. Sweet, with a drying slightly tart finish. Excellent fruit beer. This bottle was on discount at a local beer shop. The date was 12/98. I was nervous about it, but it held up VERY well!