overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 667   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
scoobysnak (329) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 30, 2008
Another good fruit beer from New Glarus. Definately fruit is there specialty. This beer makes me glad I live in Wisconsin. Great apple taste throughout. Some notes of vanilla and a good tartness that leaves you needing the next sip.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dekester1 (323) - Neenah, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 20, 2010
Poured a dark gold with minimal head with a light lace. Aroma of apple juice with slight malt backbone. Taste of apple with malt/beer background. Overall, a good beer for both the novice and the experienced drinker.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ofortuna (322) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Part of their Unplugged series. I was lucky enough to stash several of these away to see how they age. I absolutely love how they did this. Not overly sweet and you can easily taste the different styles of apples that they used. Light hint of brown sugar aroma giving way to a pleasant, fresh-pressed apple cider aroma. Light ale base helps to balance the various flavours. Outstanding for this style of fruit beer. One of my favourite of the unplugged series.

tomxcs (321) - Berkeley, California, USA - OCT 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2005 I have been waiting for a long time for this to come out, and as soon as I found out I went out and bought three bottles for myself. I am a big fan of fruit beers done right -- and this is wonderful stuff. Very sparkly but without much of a head. The color is clear apple cider with a hint of red. The aroma is like an apple champagne might be and is subtle but good. Sweet and tart at the same time, with big apple flavors -- but more like eating an apple than drinking a cider. You can tell that this is a beer, not cider, as there are some malt and hop flavors. Although very sweet it is somehow also dry, begging the drinker to take another sip. I canít taste the different apple varieties but there is no doubt that more than one variety is used because the flavor and mouthfeel span such a wide spectrum. Excellent. In my book, better than the Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. My only complaint is that if it were my beer, I would use more tart than sweet juice and make the beer slightly drier, more along the lines of a good dry cider.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
RamyG4 (320) - , New Jersey, USA - APR 2, 2012
Bottle from a trade with mikem409, poured into a tulip. Clear, golden with a thin off-white head. Aroma is of apples, apple candy, caramel. Taste is more apples, very very sweet, with just a little tartness. Finish is sweet, with some grain coming through at the very end. Medium bodied, sticky/syrupy, soft carbonation. Somehow refreshing. My only major complaint is that I would have liked some more tartness, especially on the finish. Overall itís like an apple soda, and I mean that in a good way.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boamr (309) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2011
Pours a golden color like apples juice with a nice white head to it. Smells like apples and yeast. Has a nice crisp apple taste to it followed by a little yest. Iím not into fruit beers at all but I must say this one is pretty good. Just like drinking apple juice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2006
Probiere is right, New Glarus has hidden the alcohiol well in this one. but trust me after drinking three real fast like in 20 minutes I was a little tipsy of course I have spent the day testing New Garuses wares.

mverity (268) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 19, 2014
Pours a clear amber brown with bubbly tan head that settles pretty quickly into a medium tan collar. Aroma is of warm apple cider: brown sugar, cinnamon, some faint clove. Taste is wonderfully the same; apple, sweet caramel and some spice. Fairly carbonated and medium body. Another amazing beer from New Glarus!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
slitcher (266) - Freeport, Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2011
12 ounce bottle. I donít know how he does it, but Dan Carey is an absolute genious when it comes to fruit beers! Pours a golden caramel color with a medium white head. Aromas of apple (of coarse!) and slight malt. Crisp, almost tart apple flavor with just a hint of cinnamon and caramel. I could drink ALOT of this on a hot summer day! Excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mustang3 (254) - Whitby, CANADA - MAR 15, 2005
This beer is simplicity itself, but that can be a beautiful thing. Deep gold in colour this beer has an incredible aroma and taste of fresh apples. Not overly sweet, it almosts tastes like a cider, but I found it delicous.