overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 714   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
scoobysnak (333) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 30, 2008
Another good fruit beer from New Glarus. Definately fruit is there specialty. This beer makes me glad I live in Wisconsin. Great apple taste throughout. Some notes of vanilla and a good tartness that leaves you needing the next sip.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lortsker (332) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 9, 2012
Bottel courtesy of GT2, thanks! Pours clear golden, with a small white head, Aroma: Baked apples, cinnamon, apple pie, śblemost, artisanal apple juice, brown sugar, pie crust, deep complex apple aroma, but besides som some caramel malts thats all you get in the aroma. Not that it\s a bad thing, smells lovely! Taste: Applejuice, sweetsweet apples, cider, light acidic fruityness, some caramel, aplle cider vinegar, carbonated apple juice, one dimensional, but very tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
aplusbreaks (330) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JAN 30, 2009
12oz bottle thanks to Daknole and Pantanap. Pours cider in color with a ring of foam. Aromas of apples and cherries. Flavors of apples, tart fruit, and a nice sweet finish. Palate is medium bodied an perfectly carbonated. This beer is all about apples, take it for what itís worth and it is awesome! Looking for something more complex then look elsewhere.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
RamyG4 (323) - , New Jersey, USA - APR 2, 2012
Bottle from a trade with mikem409, poured into a tulip. Clear, golden with a thin off-white head. Aroma is of apples, apple candy, caramel. Taste is more apples, very very sweet, with just a little tartness. Finish is sweet, with some grain coming through at the very end. Medium bodied, sticky/syrupy, soft carbonation. Somehow refreshing. My only major complaint is that I would have liked some more tartness, especially on the finish. Overall itís like an apple soda, and I mean that in a good way.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ofortuna (322) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Part of their Unplugged series. I was lucky enough to stash several of these away to see how they age. I absolutely love how they did this. Not overly sweet and you can easily taste the different styles of apples that they used. Light hint of brown sugar aroma giving way to a pleasant, fresh-pressed apple cider aroma. Light ale base helps to balance the various flavours. Outstanding for this style of fruit beer. One of my favourite of the unplugged series.

tomxcs (321) - California, USA - OCT 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2005 I have been waiting for a long time for this to come out, and as soon as I found out I went out and bought three bottles for myself. I am a big fan of fruit beers done right -- and this is wonderful stuff. Very sparkly but without much of a head. The color is clear apple cider with a hint of red. The aroma is like an apple champagne might be and is subtle but good. Sweet and tart at the same time, with big apple flavors -- but more like eating an apple than drinking a cider. You can tell that this is a beer, not cider, as there are some malt and hop flavors. Although very sweet it is somehow also dry, begging the drinker to take another sip. I canít taste the different apple varieties but there is no doubt that more than one variety is used because the flavor and mouthfeel span such a wide spectrum. Excellent. In my book, better than the Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. My only complaint is that if it were my beer, I would use more tart than sweet juice and make the beer slightly drier, more along the lines of a good dry cider.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Mr_Abner (314) - Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2015
Bottle. Pours a very hazy copper. Aroma is apple cider, smells sweet. Moderately sweet; tastes of apples.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boamr (310) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2011
Pours a golden color like apples juice with a nice white head to it. Smells like apples and yeast. Has a nice crisp apple taste to it followed by a little yest. Iím not into fruit beers at all but I must say this one is pretty good. Just like drinking apple juice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2006
Probiere is right, New Glarus has hidden the alcohiol well in this one. but trust me after drinking three real fast like in 20 minutes I was a little tipsy of course I have spent the day testing New Garuses wares.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cblado (298) - Washington, USA - JAN 3, 2009
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear, light brown color. Slight off-white head, dissipates quickly. Aroma is mainly sweet apple, with a hint of malt as well. Flavor is very cidery, sweet apples again, with a malt finish. Hints of cinnamon at the end as well. Palate feels effervescent, very lively on the tongue, and a bit syrupy. Overall this is an excellent fruit beer, a great brew for my 100th also!