New Glarus Unplugged Triple

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
This beer is handcrafted in the Monastic tradition and bottle fermented for a slightly dry finish. The incredibly complex layers of fruit and spice tones wil sing on your palate. Those born with a saintly patience might lay this beer down for a year or more, the rest of us will enjoy the bold smoothness of this Triple today.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
CaptainCougar (7129) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - JUN 6, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2004 Rerate 12/14/04: After cellaring this for over a year and a half, I thought I’d give it another try. I was kinda disheartened by the relatively small amount of yeast in the bottom of the bottle. Seems to have lost some carbonation and Belgian yeasty character. Butterscotch oxidation is much more prevalent now and this has way past its prime. I sure wish New Glarus would make some higher gravity cellar-able beers. Original rating 6/6/03: Pours with a clear golden apple juice color and a very fast-fading head. Sweet caramely fruity malt and yeast aroma with a hint of mild cheese. Body is smooth with some sticky sweetness, but good balance and medium carbonation. I will definitely age this some more and I expect it to get better with time. A surprise from New Glarus and a nice one at that.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
stefanberggren (135) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 3, 2003
Wow now this is a triple and its produced in the midwest to boot. I was expecting less from New Glarus when I tried this triple, but wow what a surprise. This is one that I will recommend to all who love belgians. It is sweet but only in the first initial taste, it actually ends up dry and fruity. Not one dimensional at all, there are peachy/apricot notes in the finish. very nice level of carbonation that makes this all that much more enjoyable. Hard to really put into words on this one, just find it and try it !!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 26, 2003
SLightly hazy golden liquid. Bright tick head. Some medicinal aromas along with undertones of sweet malt, menthol, mint and alcohol. Very smooth on the tongue. Very strong of the taste buds. Strong overripe fruit infused with alcohol. Only a hint of warmth. Cloves and white pepper wait in the background. To me a blend between a triple and "Jeanne D'Arc Belzebuth". I will try and be saintly and lay his one down for a while to see how it settles out.