New Glarus Unplugged Triple

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
This beer is handcrafted in the Monastic tradition and bottle fermented for a slightly dry finish. The incredibly complex layers of fruit and spice tones wil sing on your palate. Those born with a saintly patience might lay this beer down for a year or more, the rest of us will enjoy the bold smoothness of this Triple today.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
stefanberggren (135) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 3, 2003
Wow now this is a triple and its produced in the midwest to boot. I was expecting less from New Glarus when I tried this triple, but wow what a surprise. This is one that I will recommend to all who love belgians. It is sweet but only in the first initial taste, it actually ends up dry and fruity. Not one dimensional at all, there are peachy/apricot notes in the finish. very nice level of carbonation that makes this all that much more enjoyable. Hard to really put into words on this one, just find it and try it !!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 11, 2003
Beautiful golden color with a small white head. Sweet citrus scent. Pleasantly sweet flavor. Banana and clove is what stands out to me, but there are some other flavors subtly lurking in the background. Appropriately dry. Very enjoyable beer. I'm planning on buying more, but no way am I going to be able to let this sit for a year...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 1, 2004
Now this is how I like a trippel to taste. This was exquisite! Big fruity aroma, with the likes of apples, apricots and peaches, with just a light hint of hops and spice. Incredible lingering aroma, like a fresh piece of pie, or some freshly mulled apple spice tea. Very tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrRomero (1974) - Nolanville, USA - JUL 1, 2003
Deep yellow with thin white head. Yeast aroma with a dry finish. I wish I could find more New Glarus products. Very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - AUG 12, 2004
Another great New Glarus Beer I traded with John (JPDIPSO). Only had two Abbey Triples prior to this one. New Belgium was the best, I think this is even better. Nice spicy fruity undertone that give this belgian style a perky little kick. Very good, very drinkable and you cant miss when its New Glarus:)!!!!! Thanks John!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
badbeer (434) - Iowa, USA - DEC 23, 2007
Review from 2005. Pours a nice golden hue with attractive lacing. Had a trace of alcohol present in the aroma mixed with fruits. Taste is sweet and fruity, very enjoyable. To me this was very drinkable. I purchased this at the brewery as part of a sampler 4 pack. I really regret that I only bought one bottle, as when I returned it was all gone. I really would have enjoyed having more of this to cellar and see how it does with age. If you can find a bottle I recommend it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lilsis (4) - USA - SEP 7, 2004 does not count
Nice amber/pumpkin orange. Saw it after it was poured and the head was almost non-existant. Aroma of sweet molasses. Slight hint of anise? Taste of burnt sugar, like a candy. Very light in the mouth. Really drinkable!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Eirikur (369) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - FEB 19, 2005
Very sweet, but not too sweet, its the kind of fruity sweet, nice. This brew is very special and needs to be tasted again .

DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 8, 2003
Yeast, citrus aroma, cloudy orange, medium sized cream coloured head, intense stream of bubbles. Yeast, bread, oranges, pears and lemons in the flavour. Complex, very well balanced, marvellous feeling in the mouth, and a dry finish. Trappist status! Thanks very much David!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 22, 2003
FGABF '03 Fruity,spicy,great mouthfeel. A very good American made triple.