overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1412   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mfincher (15) - Wills Point, Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2006
Fantastic Brew! I bought it at the New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin and hauled it home.(1,500 miles)So maybe my score is a little high, but as they say "getting there is half the fun". It pours a beautiful cherry red and it had a perfect balence of sour and fruit. If I ever have the chance I will buy it again

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Djanvk (15) - Freeport, Illinois, USA - MAR 9, 2009
I was amazed by this beer. The color was a nice dark reddish color, the flavor had an amazing "REAL" cherry flavor not the syrup like candy cherry flavor. I was really stunned how good this is and I will definitely buy again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
RugbyMike (14) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - APR 23, 2004
Maybe I'm biased, but there is nothing like this beer. It is most enjoyable in the cold of a Minnesota winter and drunk from a snifter or wine goblet. The cherry content is rich and tart, but finishes a bit on the sweet side. New Glarus is not known for its hoppiness which makes the brazen cherriness of the beer so much more intense. If you can, go to this Swiss village in Wisconsin on a Saturday, take a tour of the facility, sample the wares and buy a bunch of stuff. Afterward, go to the hotel that is on the other side of the road and down about half a mile, and try some Swiss cuisine.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
meadlover1959 (14) - Wisconsin, USA - MAR 20, 2005
One of my favorite beers. Big, big cherry taste. When I’m with people who say they don’t like beer, I break out some of the Belgian Red. Have found only a handful of people who did not throughly enjoy this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
PeteOvertone (13) - Ingleside, Illinois, USA - FEB 16, 2007
Not sure why this beer is rated so high. It tastes like cherry Kool-Aid with alcohol in it. Not what I look for in a beer. However, It was good if you like Kool-Aid. I’m not familiar with fruit beers. It did have a nice finish. I think me and Drewbeerme had the same beers lined up for the Superbowl. Worth trying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Velveeta99 (13) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 13, 2002
A little too cherry-ish for me, although I can see the quality that went into this brew. Nice. I hear the brewery has a nice tour worth taking. Somewhat tart and a scary color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mmcdowell3 (13) - USA - OCT 15, 2007
Simply a cheery (not cherry) sweet aroma. Abundant flavor. The color is quite festive. This beer’s overall finish hints at a fine homemade cherry tart or pie. There is a slight fizzy, soda pop type feel to the beer at first, but it quickly fades into more of a hearty desert taste. Of the fruit style beers I’ve had, this is one of the best if not the best.

tarsparky (12) - Flint, Michigan, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Bottle purchased in Madison, WI. Are you sure this is beer? Pours a light reddish-brown, with a medium head that dissipates quickly. Very sour, and very, very cherry. The taste reminds me of real cherry pie - not pie filled with that crap you can buy in a can! It’s sweet on the lips, and it makes your mouth pucker. I could drink several of these in one sitting!

fmbrewing (12) - Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2005
This is for sure my most favorite fruit beer ever (aside from my own cheery wheat homebrew of coarse). I knew I liked this from having some over the winter but I tasted it again at the great taste of the midwest and I really, really like it! I need to get a bottle now in fact!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SudsyJason (12) - USA - JAN 25, 2005
Wow! Full cherry aroma with nice acidic sharpness. Pours a beautiful deep hazy red--exactly what you expect a cherry beer to look like. Very little head though which was dissapointing. Nicely carbonated though. Flavor is very fruity, very cherry but it is still beer--not soda pop. A classic American fruit beer!