overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1431   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikeyj80 (22) - USA - JAN 8, 2003
It is hard to think of this as a beer, and so i rated upon the experience itself. It is very sweet and fruity, very easy to drink, not something you should get if you are looking for a hoppy or even any beer flavor, but if you are looking for an experience, this is the ticket.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
michidan07 (22) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2006
I don’t even like cherries. So much like liquid candy, so easy. This is a dangerous brew, and one more reason I’m glad I don’t live in Wisconsin. Nose is ripe fruit, cherries (surprise!), and something like sour gummy bears. It’s acidic and thick in the mouth, like a soda. Flavor is tart, fruity, and wonderful. This is what fruity sodas aspire to be.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
infestaxion (22) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 19, 2010
nflmvp brought me this one. Big thanks. A - Hazy muted red with a white head that fades quickly. Looks sort of like carbonated juice. S - Sweet, tart cherries dominate the smell. T - Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb! Yeah. I went there. Very sweet cherry flavor. Tastes like a carbonated version of French Lick Winery’s Montmorency Cherry. Very good. Slight malt in the finish. M - I love the way it coats your mouth and sticks with you. The carbonation really adds to the whole experience. D - Goes down really smooth. No alcohol detected at all. But that’s not really a surprise.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Necscv (22) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Pours dark red, good head retention, very nice lacing, is syrupy, but not overly so. Sweet, cherry smell, faint menthol. Taste is cherry candy, cream soda, fresh.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jkane (21) - USA - MAY 19, 2005
Yummy! This beer is the very meaning of nectar of the gods! It is good every single year. I found a local place where it is on tap and order a pitcher at a time! If I really had to pick one beer to drink, I couldn’t go wrong with New Glarus Belgian Red.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
onecrazybreeze (21) - , Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Bottle at the GABF. I feel so lucky to have tried this beer. Poured a dark red color, smelled sweet of cherry. Tasted just like cherry pie. Overall a great beer, wish it was something I could always get my hands on.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bamos (20) - Florida, USA - NOV 25, 2009
Deep red pour with a small head. Strong cherry pie aroma. An amazing tart cherry flavor. Doesn’t taste like beer, but is still delicious, just like all of New Glarus’s fruit beers. I always pick up a couple bottles when I’m in Wisconsin.

TheWife (20) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 25, 2010
I’ve had sips of many, many highly rated and coveted beers from my husband’s glass. I decided to rate this beer first because it is hands-down my favorite beer and fully deserving of a perfect 5.0. Aroma: seriously, how many cherries are in this to create that delicious bouquet? Appearance: red, red, red, enough said. Taste: Is there a limit to the number of times I write delicious? Palate: Fizzy, yet oh so smooth. Overall: Yep, it’s perfect.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
11thMan (20) - Dennison, Minnesota, USA - FEB 6, 2007
The best fruit beer in the world. Very nice cherry taste. It does not taste phoney like a lot of fruit beers. It also has the hint of oak. Pours a bit cloudy, but very nice. It would be nice if the alcohol was a bit stronger then 5.1% but when it tastes this good it is hard to find any faults!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Aureth (20) - Knoxville, Iowa, USA - FEB 16, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2005 Bottle I have to admit, I really, really like this beer. Even though, quite frankly, it doesn’t taste much like beer. It is a beautful red color, with a fizzy pink head. The aroma is rightfully dominated with cherries. It has a sweet start, and then sour cherry washes through. There’s a very slight bit of malt in tehre, somewhere, but this beer is mostly about the cherry. Tart, sour finish, which balances the initial sweetness. Amazing beer!