overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1409   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely ďWisconsin.Ē So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
RugbyMike (14) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - APR 23, 2004
Maybe I'm biased, but there is nothing like this beer. It is most enjoyable in the cold of a Minnesota winter and drunk from a snifter or wine goblet. The cherry content is rich and tart, but finishes a bit on the sweet side. New Glarus is not known for its hoppiness which makes the brazen cherriness of the beer so much more intense. If you can, go to this Swiss village in Wisconsin on a Saturday, take a tour of the facility, sample the wares and buy a bunch of stuff. Afterward, go to the hotel that is on the other side of the road and down about half a mile, and try some Swiss cuisine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Velveeta99 (13) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 13, 2002
A little too cherry-ish for me, although I can see the quality that went into this brew. Nice. I hear the brewery has a nice tour worth taking. Somewhat tart and a scary color.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
PeteOvertone (13) - Ingleside, Illinois, USA - FEB 16, 2007
Not sure why this beer is rated so high. It tastes like cherry Kool-Aid with alcohol in it. Not what I look for in a beer. However, It was good if you like Kool-Aid. Iím not familiar with fruit beers. It did have a nice finish. I think me and Drewbeerme had the same beers lined up for the Superbowl. Worth trying.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mmcdowell3 (13) - USA - OCT 15, 2007
Simply a cheery (not cherry) sweet aroma. Abundant flavor. The color is quite festive. This beerís overall finish hints at a fine homemade cherry tart or pie. There is a slight fizzy, soda pop type feel to the beer at first, but it quickly fades into more of a hearty desert taste. Of the fruit style beers Iíve had, this is one of the best if not the best.

tarsparky (12) - Flint, Michigan, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Bottle purchased in Madison, WI. Are you sure this is beer? Pours a light reddish-brown, with a medium head that dissipates quickly. Very sour, and very, very cherry. The taste reminds me of real cherry pie - not pie filled with that crap you can buy in a can! Itís sweet on the lips, and it makes your mouth pucker. I could drink several of these in one sitting!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SudsyJason (12) - USA - JAN 25, 2005
Wow! Full cherry aroma with nice acidic sharpness. Pours a beautiful deep hazy red--exactly what you expect a cherry beer to look like. Very little head though which was dissapointing. Nicely carbonated though. Flavor is very fruity, very cherry but it is still beer--not soda pop. A classic American fruit beer!

fmbrewing (12) - Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2005
This is for sure my most favorite fruit beer ever (aside from my own cheery wheat homebrew of coarse). I knew I liked this from having some over the winter but I tasted it again at the great taste of the midwest and I really, really like it! I need to get a bottle now in fact!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
fatpaul (11) - Berlin, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Pours dark, cloudy red. Aroma of cherry pie. Taste of cherry pie, with a little sour. There is a little oak flavor in it. Itís pretty sweet, but not disgustingly so. It is the best cherry beer Iíve ever had and will be purchasing again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
tutal (11) - La Crescent, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2003
The perfect blend of fruit and beer. The tart Wisconsin cherry flavor is very strong. The barley malt is a great compliment to the cherry. This is one of the few fruit beers that I like, let alone rave about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gax33 (11) - Minooka, Illinois, USA - SEP 28, 2008
Beautiful in the glass. Great color and aroma. Strong cherry flavor - kind of like a lambic but more for the adults. Tasty.